Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do any of you have.....??

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:35 PM
  • 36 Replies
Hello ladies!! I'm a mom of 5 kids. I had my 5th baby 6 weeks ago and not wanting more ( before kid #5 I didn't not want anymore she was a surprise) so Im thinking of getting the Essure for permanent BC but I'm still a little hesitant and scare about. My last pregnancy was very hard on me and I was in pain most of it and well L&D were even worst the placenta got stuck and she had to go in and remove it we were afraid I needed a hysterectomy and I think that's why I'm a little scare. Do any of you have their tubes tied and what kind do you have??
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I have my tubes tied, they cut, removed some and cauterized both ends. Never had any problems, this was over 11 years ago.

foxymomof4
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:57 PM
How long was your recovery and did you had any major side effects and how old were you?!

Quoting goddess99:

I have my tubes tied, they cut, removed some and cauterized both ends. Never had any problems, this was over 11 years ago.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I was 30 and had it done during my csection. So after a few days I was released from the hospital. I felt good, never had any issues.

Quoting foxymomof4:

How long was your recovery and did you had any major side effects and how old were you?!

Quoting goddess99:

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I had a tubal ligation during my c-section14 months ago.. cut and burned. I haven't had any issues other than a tad bit heavier periods  which is normal. i was 29

foxymomof4
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:10 PM
All my deliveries were vaginal so if I get my tubes cut it would mean surgery but if I choose the Essure it would be a foreign object in my body.. I've never had any surgeries other than having my placenta removed.

Quoting goddess99:

I was 30 and had it done during my csection. So after a few days I was released from the hospital. I felt good, never had any issues.

Quoting foxymomof4:

Quoting goddess99:

foxymomof4
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:14 PM
My periods are always heavy and last up to seven days so it wouldn't affect me but the surgery part is making doubt. Waking up after having the placenta removed was horrible so is just nerve wracking even if I just get the Essure.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

I had a tubal ligation during my c-section14 months ago.. cut and burned. I haven't had any issues other than a tad bit heavier periods  which is normal. i was 29

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Hopefully someone sees this who has the Essure, and they can tell you more about that.

Quoting foxymomof4:

All my deliveries were vaginal so if I get my tubes cut it would mean surgery but if I choose the Essure it would be a foreign object in my body.. I've never had any surgeries other than having my placenta removed.

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting foxymomof4:

Quoting goddess99:

Cozie_Sisika458
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I got mine tied 5 years ago. I got it cut cauterized and then tied.
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Never heard of Essure...did you research it online?

foxymomof4
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Really?? I heard about a it few years ago but wasn't ready. My SIL has it and she says is okay she hasn't had any trouble with it. I just think I'm nervous because my labor was horrible and I'm afraid it might hurt when she does it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)