Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

do you agree with this?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:51 PM
  • 91 Replies
1 mom liked this

So today my 3 yr old son punched me in the face when I told him No. I put him in time. I put on facebook thay I was a little upset that he punched me. One of my mothers friends commented saying I should buy a paddle and use it on him. I replied saying I don't agree with that and will never use a paddle on my kids. He then replied saying your choice and your mistake if he don't learn and now your going to be miserable for years. At that point I was a loy mad but I didn't get pissy all I said back was its not a mistake I just don't agree with using objects to hit my kids yes its my choice and idc what u use on your kids as our parenting styles are different but please don't tell me I am going to be miserable as our kids and lives are diffrent. He hasn't replied back which I am glad but what do you all think about using paddles on kids? I personally think its not right but again that's my opinion. .

***Yes I am aware we should not post things on fb but i did and I understand everyone has an opinion and again I am ohkay with that I don't mind that I did not bash him or yell at him as you can tell I simply just stated I WILL NOT USE A PADDLE OR ANY OTHER OBJECT ON MY KIDS....

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EdwardsMommy10
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:17 PM

BUMP!

EdwardsMommy10
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:25 PM

BUMP!

EdwardsMommy10
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:44 PM

BUMP!

EdwardsMommy10
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:44 PM

BUMP!

luvmybug
by Amanda on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM
5 moms liked this
I'm with you on this one. I don't feel it's right, or necessary to hit your child with an object and call that discipline.
cali_gurl
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM
4 moms liked this

Don't post controversial things on FB if you don't want LOTS of people coming back with their own opinions. People will comment when you post things like that.

AllyB_
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM
7 moms liked this

it makes no sense to punish a child for hitting by hitting them back. its just confusing to them and it doesn't teach them a thing

caligirl7613
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:09 PM
2 moms liked this
i agree with this, however I have spanked for other reasons....but using a paddle?? no. not something i would do

Quoting AllyB_:

it makes no sense to punish a child for hitting by hitting them back. its just confusing to them and it doesn't teach them a thing

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EdwardsMommy10
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Quoting cali_gurl:

Don't post controversial things on FB if you don't want LOTS of people coming back with their own opinions. People will comment when you post things like that.

I have no problem with people stating there opinions and I never said I did I just simply told him I did not agree with using a paddleon my kid I did not bash him or anything else because his parenting style is diffrent then mine as every ones parenting is diffrent.

EdwardsMommy10
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AllyB_:

That is the way I see it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)