Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Is It True: Hot Wives Have Happier Husbands?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM
  • 3 Replies

Hotter Wives Have Happier Husbands

by Ericka Sóuter 

loveIt's now a scientific fact that men with super hot wives are happier in their marriages. My first thought when I heard this was that this is just blatant sexism masked as science. Then after the Gloria Steinem in me calmed down, I had to admit, it's probably true. What guy wouldn't be overjoyed at the thought of waking up next to Kate Upton or Jessica Alba every day. And then I thought what's good for the goose is most definitely good for the gander. I mean, this theory can surely be applied to women too.

It must go both ways. I bet women lucky enough to marry an Idris Elba and David Beckham look-alike are over the moon too! The study involved 450 newlywed couples over a four-year period and aimed to answer one question: does a good-looking spouse lead to a more satisfying union?

What they found was that looks matter more to men than women. Basically, men are superficial but we ladies don't care if you look like Quasimodo. Hmm. Sorry science guys, I'm calling bull s**t on that. I think that it is just as important to women -- but that is not all that is important to us. We want to be loved, respected, and doted on too. Who says we don't want all those attributes in a super-hot package?

Though, for a lot of women, deep pockets can certainly make up for an ugly mug. LOL. You know I'm right. But it would be wrong of me to say that men didn't go in search of sugar mamas too. I know plenty of guys who are trying to score their own Oprah.

Plus, I don't buy this "hot wife, better life" theory for another reason. No matter what your wife looks like, if she's not happy, you are NEVER going to be happy either. And what happens as she ages and her beauty fades? Is that when marital misery sets in? I'd like to think that all men aren't that shallow.

Do you think men and woman are both happier with hotter spouses?

by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SourRoses
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM
It's not a prerequisite for marriage no, but sexual attraction is very important to me. I think it's attraction, not looks. And there is a difference.
Mommy4000
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Shouldn't all people think their spouses are hot, regardless if the rest of the world thinks they may have been beaten with an ugly stick in their sleep? If having a hot wife was the only thing to keep a man happy, I'd think super models were immune to being cheated on and immune to divorce. That doesn't seem to be the case, so obviously, it takes more than looks to keep your man coming home happy to you. My husband does have a hot wife lol, but the thing that truly makes him happy, is dinner, and I don't have to be Cindy freaking Crawford to cook an amazing meal.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I don't know, I think my dh is hot and we have a happy marriage. But I'm happy because of how he treats me, his looks are just a bonus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)