Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Teacher sends home note. Your kid stinks!

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 4:21 PM
  • 105 Replies

I saw this note a teacher sent home with her class on a local news stations facebook page.

Thoughts?

by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 23, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I mean, I hope it serves as a wake up call to those parents. Still, not all kids that age are potty trained and I don't know what that class/school policy is but hopefully these parents will take notice and try to help remedy this situation. I have also volunteered at schools often and it's not always a potty issue, some parents just don't clean their kids or wash their clothes.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 23, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I know some kids in my sons 4th grade class that are filthy..

Quoting goddess99:

I mean, I hope it serves as a wake up call to those parents. Still, not all kids that age are potty trained and I don't know what that class/school policy is but hopefully these parents will take notice and try to help remedy this situation. I have also volunteered at schools often and it's not always a potty issue, some parents just don't clean their kids or wash their clothes.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 23, 2013 at 5:09 PM

It's so sad to see the kids at school who are filthy, but then you see the parents and understand why.

Quoting johnny4ever:

I know some kids in my sons 4th grade class that are filthy..

Quoting goddess99:

sheramom4
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM
6 moms liked this

The note is unprofessional and should be round filed while a call is made to the school about the teacher. If the teacher had valid concerns she would have a professional notice on letterhead from the school in question that has been approved by the administration.

krystyneh
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow if a teacher was to send that home in my state, they would be out of business and the state would get involved (I've seen it happen)
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 23, 2013 at 5:14 PM

What state are you in?

Quoting krystyneh:

Wow if a teacher was to send that home in my state, they would be out of business and the state would get involved (I've seen it happen)

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 23, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I'm not that surprised by the note, this note is not from my dd's school but I do see many quick notes come home that aren't on a school's letterhead. The teacher probably didn't want the principal or anyone to know she/he was sending it out.

Quoting sheramom4:

The note is unprofessional and should be round filed while a call is made to the school about the teacher. If the teacher had valid concerns she would have a professional notice on letterhead from the school in question that has been approved by the administration.

sheramom4
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 5:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting goddess99:

I'm not that surprised by the note, this note is not from my dd's school but I do see many quick notes come home that aren't on a school's letterhead. The teacher probably didn't want the principal or anyone to know she/he was sending it out.

Quoting sheramom4:

In that case, it should not have been sent out. I can see a quick note to a particular parent being handwritten (I have gotten those) but a note like this should have been approved by the administration. It asks for the parent to acknowledge, it talks about health and safety, etc.

the writing style also makes me think the teacher is lacking in education in addition to professionalism.

CampClan
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 5:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Personally I think the teacher could have worded the letter wrong. But I also feel she was right in sending it out to all parents. However, I also feel she should have gone to her supervisor about the matter before sending something like this out. I think the principal would be shocked if he or she received a call of complaint about the letter. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 23, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Yes, I agree. The principal is going to be shocked.

Quoting CampClan:

Personally I think the teacher could have worded the letter wrong. But I also feel she was right in sending it out to all parents. However, I also feel she should have gone to her supervisor about the matter before sending something like this out. I think the principal would be shocked if he or she received a call of complaint about the letter. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN