Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I'm a mom and you're not! Back off!

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:55 PM
  • 10 Replies

So I have this new job and one of the gals in the office is pregnant. I had mentioned that DH & I need to try to find DS a new doctor because he keeps having diarrhea off and on. He goes days without doing it so we think it was a new food we introduced into his diet. We stopped giving him the food and he stopped having diarrhea pretty much instantly. It happened a time or two after we stopped it but none in the last couple days.

So anyway. This gal she says to me, "You should still take him in and get him checked out. There might be something wrong with him." I just looked at her and shot back, "By now, I've learned to trust my instincts. We stopped feeding him that food and he's doing better."

I mean, my son is 6 years old. That means I've learned how to interpret my mommy radar. It's not screaming that something is wrong. We are watching DS and if it looks like it's coming back with a vengence, I will take him to the doctor.

I just wanted to tell her, "Look, I've been a mom for 6 years. Yours isn't even born yet. I think I know what I'm doing."

I'm the type of girl who can only be defined as different, complicated, and unique.

by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:16 PM

People like giving their 2 cents. Glad your son is doing better.

Beebella
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:19 PM
She has a legitimate concern but if the diarrhea stopped there's no reason to take him to the doc. If it continues you absolutely should. I can't stand when ppl who don't have kids give me advice and they think they're enlightening me lol
lovemyfour79
by New Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I think she was just trying to be nice, and offere some advice.

mrsjksimmons
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:25 PM

The thing that bugged me about it is that I said that the diarrhea had pretty much stopped so we didn't see the need to take him in anymore. And she kept harping on it. She has made some comments about when she has her baby, she is going to do this and that. I just wanted to laugh and say "Dream on honey. You are in for a rude awakening."

Quoting Beebella:

She has a legitimate concern but if the diarrhea stopped there's no reason to take him to the doc. If it continues you absolutely should. I can't stand when ppl who don't have kids give me advice and they think they're enlightening me lol

Beebella
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Lol so true! They have no clue

Quoting mrsjksimmons:

The thing that bugged me about it is that I said that the diarrhea had pretty much stopped so we didn't see the need to take him in anymore. And she kept harping on it. She has made some comments about when she has her baby, she is going to do this and that. I just wanted to laugh and say "Dream on honey. You are in for a rude awakening."

Quoting Beebella:

clairewait
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Sounds to me like there are probably other things about this chick that annoy you. This comment seems more like the straw, you know?

And I totally get that.

She sounds annoying.

Take heart. There's such a thing as karma. She'll be where you are soon enough, and some dumb young girl will make a comment to her in a grocery store one day and everything will come full circle.

If she's as dumb as she sounds, she'll never make the connection, but we can't worry about that.

Bygones.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

Lalasmomma13
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
She was only offering advice. ..
precious54
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:08 PM

glad your son is getting better

mrsjksimmons
by Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Yeah you're right. She does get to me. BUT what annoyed me the most(because come on we've all met THOSE people who always offer advice on being a parent) was that when I said that he was getting better without going to the dr, she kept pushing.

Quoting clairewait:

Sounds to me like there are probably other things about this chick that annoy you. This comment seems more like the straw, you know?

And I totally get that.

She sounds annoying.

Take heart. There's such a thing as karma. She'll be where you are soon enough, and some dumb young girl will make a comment to her in a grocery store one day and everything will come full circle.

If she's as dumb as she sounds, she'll never make the connection, but we can't worry about that.

Bygones.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I'm sure she was just trying to be helpful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)