Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Quick, Simple, Easy ideas please ;)

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM
  • 9 Replies

Sooo Thanksgiving is coming!! :)

Happy Early Thanksgiving Mama's! lol

My Grandma always rents out a banquet hall in their hometown. Grandma makes the turkey and ham and her homemade noodles and everyone else brings a dish of whatever with them and then we all eat, like a potluck dinner deal.
Well, I am an hr 1 way from this whole get together, I usually bring a pasta and a cookie bar, but we are tight on money this time around and I want something a little easier on the wallet to purchase and quicker/easier to make and transport as well. It cant be anything thats going to have to stay heated either ..

Any ideas ladies?

Thanks! <3

by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 24, 2013 at 8:53 PM
The stuff I'm making is pretty easy and cheap. I'm bringing a pasta salad: tri color pasta, Italian dressing, carrot sticks, broccoli and cauliflower. Then a pumpkin spice cake: Duncan Hines spice cake mix and 1 can of pumpkin. Mix and bake according to box. Easy and yummy.
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Cheap, easy, and SUPER GOOD:

• Jiffy cornbread mix = $0.50
  • can of creamed corn = $0.50
  • can of normal corn = $0.50
  • stick of butter = $0.50
  • egg = $0.10

Mix together and bake according to the directions on the box. Oh. Man. (I throw in some sour cream too if I'm feeling adventurous.)

I love this stuff.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

lizard3731
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Easy cranberry sauce:  take two or three cans of cranberry sauce.  Add a bag of frozen raspberries.  (I use generic to make things cheaper).   Enjoy!

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Im going to bring this :) I'll let you know how it goes :) Is this considered like cornbread pudding??

Quoting clairewait:

• egg = $0.10

Mix together and bake according to the directions on the box. Oh. Man. (I throw in some sour cream too if I'm feeling adventurous.)

I love this stuff.

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Quoting AydensMommy1008:

Im going to bring this :) I'll let you know how it goes :) Is this considered like cornbread pudding??

I love this stuff.

To be honest, I have no idea. I usually end up Googling some of the ingredients until I find a recipe for it. I might have left something out.

I'm sure there's a name for it. Cornbread casserole, maybe?

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Quoting clairewait:

Quoting AydensMommy1008:

I love this stuff.

To be honest, I have no idea. I usually end up Googling some of the ingredients until I find a recipe for it. I might have left something out.

I'm sure there's a name for it. Cornbread casserole, maybe?

Okay, well I did my grocery shopping today and picked up what you said I'd need! lol I'll double check to make sure I have everything. :) Thank you! :)

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:45 AM

rolls

vamaria
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 11:38 AM

The dish you chose sounds awesome! To keep this going for everyone, I am making homemade bread. I add some mashed potatoes for texture and reduce the flour.

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Found the recipe on allrecipes.com it's called corn casserole. I added 2 tbs of sugar and the cup of sour cream too .. made alot and for cheap and was awesome, everyone liked it, its almost gone, I brought the rest home to my SO. He wanted to try it before I took it but I wouldnt let him, so I am glad that he will get to try it now! ;) Thanks for sharing! :)

Quoting clairewait:

• egg = $0.10

I love this stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN