Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

family! do you have someone who gets under your skin?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 5:55 PM
  • 39 Replies

Do you have anyone in your family that just gets under your skin. For me it is my brother and sister n law they acted as if they are better than everyone else when in the light they arent. They recently had a baby and never bought a thing for her. Instead tey had three baby showers and Im not saying anything is wrong with a baby shower but I think that is a little over board. Everything they needed for the bbay was provided to them by someone. The grandma bought the car seat and playpen. They don't have a crib they just put the baby in the play pen to sleep. I think as a parent you should at least buy the big stuff, car seat, swing, bed, so on. Am I the only one that feels that way?

by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 26, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I never had a baby shower, I just bought the stuff myself.

I hate my brother's wife. Ugh that woman gets on my last damn nerve.

connorsmom2009
by New Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 6:52 PM

BUMP!

SpiritFortress
by Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Who doesn't! lol A cousin of mine got under my skin one too many times. We can no longer speak to each other.

I bought the big stuff for my children. I guess it might have been different if someone in the family was loaded and insisted on buying some big items. Then I might have accepted something but that was not the case.  

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Nov. 26, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Can't decide which one is the worst!lol

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Yes, a cousin or two
momoftwogirls29
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I just feel if you can afford the things your baby ill need then you should buy them. My brother makes 16 an hour its not like he has a crappy job. I'm a stay at home mom and my other half is the only one who works. We have a 2 year old and w are still buying everything we will need his time. With my brother they bought nothing. No clothes, swing, car seat, bed, bottles nothing. They had everyone else do it.

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I think if someone wants to gift those items to whomever is having the child then thats great, just the cost of having a baby alone is expensive with the hospital stay and Dr's visits every little bit helps when you have help like that. BUT I think that since they dont have a crib for the baby then they should buy the baby one not be putting their baby in a playpen to sleep! 0.oThats just being cheap to their child.. but maybe their saving for a few to buy a nice crib. Crib's can be expensive depending on what you get.

And yes, I have that in my family too. Its my sister for me. She is a complete and total snob. Also thinks shes better than everyone. USED to say she LOVED kids and wanted her own, but since shes been with her now husband she "Hates" children and dont enjoy being around them bc they make her nervous and get on her nerves! And I have a son, so she thinks shes better than me just bc of that. Acts like she cares so much for my son though to put on a show for everyone, yet I cannot tell you the LAST time she spent time with him! Shes been invited to ALL his bday parties and has only shown to his 1st party and he just turned 5!  When I got preg for my son at 19 almost 20, I was still living at home, but moving out. My parents knew I was preg before she did. They bought me a carrier and bouncer for him, I came home from work to find the items in my room. I told them thank you in front of her and shes like thanks for what??!! *Shes 2 yrs older than me and soooooo immature!* I told her the news and she fucking kicked me in the thigh and called me a whore!! THEN she called my grandparents and told them FOR me! I didnt even get to tell them myself! I was also engaged during this time and she was totally jealous of it, being that shes the older sister and all!  She got married last yr. I was supposed to be her Maid of Honor, I called her several times so we could go dress shopping together. I live 45 mins away from her at that time. She wouldnt return my calls or texts and I went over to my parents.. my mom pulled this HIDEOUS dress outta her closet and said my sis picked it up for me to wear at her wedding at the Goodwill store for $5! Like what the fuck is that??!! So I was offended, called her a bitch to her face and I was no longer in the wedding.
Ever since then weve not got along even more, whenever Im around her she tries to be condescending towards me and my son, I'll try talking to her and she will bluntly ignore me! Sooo yeah .. I know whatcha mean. Im actually hoping she and her husband wont be at thanksgiving dinner again this yr. Thats another thing.. she promised Grandma (shes grandmas girl) that she and her husband would be at Thanksgiving dinner last yr. They never showed up and Grandma was soooo disappointed and upset over it the whole time. I sent her txts and calls asking if they were coming and Grandma was upset that they werent there. Never got a response --typical.. She just did it to be the center of attention and to make a scence about herself. I ended up finding out later that she and her husband showed up at Grandma's house later that evening and she said that they had to go to her husbands families house at noon for Thanksgiving. Yet she couldnt tell Grandma that!

Just A Bitch! lol

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Nov. 27, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I have a couple cousins that get under my skin and I don't speak to them unless I have to go to a funeral.

zboys
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:36 PM

So do you have one question or two? (Not sure if this is a post about family members in general or about baby showers/first-time parents.)

Wow!  Three showers--that IS over the top!

luvnature
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I never had a baby shower for either of my kids.  Car seat was a gift from dh's grandma, crib was handmade by my father, playpen was given to us by a friend who didn't need it anymore, high chair was bought by my parents, stroller was bought used by mil. We had to put our ds in the playpen to sleep when he was around 5 months old because he was too big to be in the crib. He slept better in the playpen because he had way more room to move around and didn't constantly bumped into the sides.

My sister gets under my skin because she is so negative and always thinks she is the only one on the planet with problems. She thrives on pity even though she denies it, she is an alcoholic yet denies that too (she drinks one bottle of wine with each meal every day of the week, on top of getting drunk whenever she goes out to the bars and that's just about every single weekend). She loves being the center of attention and flips out when someone pays attention to anyone else when she is in the room. She thinks she is the most beautiful woman on the earth. She talks without thinking and calls it honesty (I call that heartless, rude and just plain dumb).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)