Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Triplets three weeks old, husband going back to work = miserable mamma

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi all,

So I'm not sure if any of you knew I was pregnant with triplets, but for those of you that did, they were born three weeks ago!

Believe me, I feel blessed to have three healthy babies, but I am so absolutely miserable. These aren't my first babies. I have a 2 and 4 year old. I feel like I should be used to this, but I am going insane. My husband is going back to work on Monday and I don't know how I'll possibly make it through. 

My oldest two are in nursing school and I do have a nanny 6 am - 6 pm (split shift between two women). I also hired my niece to come over in the afternoons after school. My friends and family have been coming over to help out, cook/clean, and make us meals.

It's pathetic that even with all the help I have, I still feel like I have no control.

Anyone have any advice?

by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Replies (11-20):
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Congrats! I have no experience with multiples. But like the other ladies said. Just give yourself some time. I'm sure you will get into the swing of things soon. 

suetoo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:34 AM
2 moms liked this

How would you eat an elephant? .....one bite at a time. Deep breathe, write list, put in priority order. Remember clean clothes don't need to be folded. Get dollar store crates. Organize. ( yes, Kate Gosselin deserves a lot of credit IMHO ). Put onesies in one, blankies in another, Jammie's in a third. Think, food for one day, not the week. Make grocery list, send someone else. Rest all you can. If someone offers help, check list, BE specific! Like cut up fruit pour juice and put peanut butter on toast for toddlers. That's breakfast. Put canned ravioli in dishes, open can of green beans , fill sippy cups with milk. There's toddlers lunch. Dinner, slam stew in crockpot. Husband can be appointed king of supper EVERY night. Deep breathe, good luck! Hugs!

vickie0918
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi,

I truly understand where you are coming from.  I have twins and my husband traveled alot, did not have any help though.

Having support can also add to the stress levels.

Here is the best advice I can give you :

1. PRAY that God will guide you with every minute of your day with the strength, wisdom and peace that can only come from HIM.

2 Do one thing each day " just for you " , that does not involve kids, cleaning , cooking , i.e, nothing for anyone else. I know this sounds selfish, but it will let you know that " you " still matter., this is very very important.

3. Shower when  the house is quiet (if there is such a time) .

My time was 0200 AM - 0215 AM, that will give you peace.

4. It is important to take a 15 to 20 minute walk each day (barring no medical issues) - getting out of the house will give you a different perspective.

5. Pick one time during the day when you can be in a room with just you and the babies and quiet music, this will provide calmness and awareness of bonding with just you and the babies.

6. Repeat step 4 with your other 2 kids.

Hope this helps,

Many Prayers and Blessings to you!

IAMmomtotrips
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM
2 moms liked this

I have triplets.  And I have little to know help with them except for my mom when she was there. 

Do you have them on a schedule?  I hate schedules, but its the only way to survive!  Get them on a schedule asap!  It will seriously ave your life. 

Let go of things you can't control and are not important for your survival and well beings.

Best of luck. My girls are now 7 and the are just to the point of getting easier. LOL!

teachergirl
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Although i have not given birth to multiples, I have cared for 3 babies of the same age at the same time.  from 4 weeks till they were 1 1/2 yrs old.  My biggest advice is be organized and have a set schedule.  Although many people dont like schedules is will save you.  This will allow you time to shower, dishes, toss a load of laundry in, read a book with your other kids.  If the floors don't get vacummed but once a week; so what!  It's okay for the babies to fuss and cry for a minute or two, You need to go potty do it and don't rush yourself.  Organization may be hard but if you can get organized it is easier to stay organized.  Pick a day on the weekend when your husband can help, then cook multiple meals to freeze.  This way you will have a healthy meal for you and your family.  Just pull it out and reheat.  have the 2 and 4 yr old help clean up.  Give them wipes and have them wipe tables, windows or the tv.  Kids LOVE IT!!!  Make a game out of cleaning up the toys.  Have them each get 5 toys, or make a race out of it.  It may not be done perfectly, but they are learning responsibility, having fun, and your house is getting somewhat cleaned up.  Don't worry, this time is short and will pass quickly.  You WILL make it through with flying colors and your children will be happy and healthy. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 2, 2013 at 3:32 PM

So how did it go? Was it easier than you thought it was going to be or more work?

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Congratulations! Three weeks isn't very long. You are still healing. You need to take it easy as much as you can. It will get better with time hun. Show us pictures when you can. :)

goodmama85
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Congrats!! I can't even imagine my youngest is giving me grief I can't imagine if there was 3 of her lol.

lovingmama30
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:07 PM
sometimes, we need to accept the fact that we all have our limitations, its really normal to feel that way, it is really exhausting but it will pass.. soon things will be fine. Just find time to have a time out for youreself coz its really draining when you try to do everything at the same time. breath.congratulations.
want10more
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 3:28 AM

i have 6 kids. all w/ special needs. and HELL NO! i'd not wanna be in your spot! all i can say is, since you DO have a nanny and help... i think go to the spa. get your nails done. get a massage. go hang at the mall w/ pals. just take a minute for yourself. i'd never call you pathetic... i think in your situation, that feeling just must feel normal. tc of yourself momma.........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN