Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What is your earliest memory?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM
  • 33 Replies

confused 

by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 1, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I was 3 and we were all piled in a family car and we were on our way to pick up my brother who was just born a few days earlier. There was me, my mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa, no seatbelts no car seats, this was almost 40 years ago. Anyway my mom went in to get him and came out empty handed crying, she said they wouldn't let him leave because he was jaundice. I remember asking what that was and my mom said Jimmy was yellow and we drove away.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I honestly can't remember one specific memory. Its sort of a blur & I don't know what order they came in lol

JTE11
by Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I was two and remember running around my grandparents' backyard with a Mickey Mouse mouse ears hat on.

Night_Roane
by Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:47 PM
It's hard to tell what's an actual memory and what I've seen in pics or been told about and filled in.

The earliest memory I have that I know for 100% fact is a memory was pre-k. I was 4. I wanted to play with the dolls and toy kitchen so bad, but the other kids would crowd around it and that scared me. So I played with the lego train instead.
Some of the kids teased me, because I had trouble writing my letters. The teachers told them that wasn't nice, but it still hurt. And I swore to myself that, even if I never had nice handwriting, WHAT I wrote would be better than all of them.
And to this day I can't hold a pencil right lol. But I was published as a teen (nothing anyone would have heard of, just a poem and a magazine article, plus I wrote for the school paper. Still working on that novel lol)
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Dec. 2, 2013 at 12:24 AM
No memorys here.
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Yes...I was 4 and my foot got slammed in the car door!

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww that's a cute memory.

Quoting JTE11:

I was two and remember running around my grandparents' backyard with a Mickey Mouse mouse ears hat on.

CrossStitchMum
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Probably watching my brother wriggle under the gate (on a property) and run down to dad at the shed. I was 3or 4 and he was around 15-18 months. Dad had built a 6foot fence around the house yard as DB kept climbing over but he figured out how to wriggle under.
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Determination is a great motivator. Hope you get that novel written!!

Quoting Night_Roane:

It's hard to tell what's an actual memory and what I've seen in pics or been told about and filled in.

The earliest memory I have that I know for 100% fact is a memory was pre-k. I was 4. I wanted to play with the dolls and toy kitchen so bad, but the other kids would crowd around it and that scared me. So I played with the lego train instead.
Some of the kids teased me, because I had trouble writing my letters. The teachers told them that wasn't nice, but it still hurt. And I swore to myself that, even if I never had nice handwriting, WHAT I wrote would be better than all of them.
And to this day I can't hold a pencil right lol. But I was published as a teen (nothing anyone would have heard of, just a poem and a magazine article, plus I wrote for the school paper. Still working on that novel lol)

amberNewman0213
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I was 3 and I had to get stitches cause I busted my cheekbone wide open. And doctors snatched me from my mom and tied me down and covered my face. It was horrific.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)