Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Scared to leave DD with MIL * UPDATE!!!! *

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM
  • 87 Replies
1 mom liked this

Okay so my birthday is coming up & DH wants to take me out. This would be the first time I'd really be away from DD. what if she cries the whole time because I'm not there!?!? Poor girl! I'll feel so terrible....
It's really making me not want to go out :(

Okay ladies I went out! I had butterflies in the beginning of the night thinking about DD. DH called his mom a few times to check up. He didn't want me calling cause he knew if I heard her crying I'd feel bad. We had dinner then met a couple friends at a bar & had a couple drinks & played pool. I had a great night! 

She did so good! She cried for about 20 minutes. But it was around 8:00 & that is when she starts to get cranky. It took her a few tries to take the bottle because she very rarely has a bottle. But she took it & ate! 

We got home around midnight & DD was sleeping like an angel!

She woke up about 30 minutes after we got home but DH told me to go to bed & he fed her & put her back to sleep. (:

Thanks ladies for all your encouraging words!!!

by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Go!! Have fun!! Your LO will be fine.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 2, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I'm sure she will be fine. Go have fun!!!

RitaTequila531
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I feel your dilemma. But just tell urself that she'll be fine. It's natural to worry but try to enjoy every minute of your time out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

You go out. Have some hubby time. She will be with grandma. She will be fine. Grandma and her can have time too.

Arwynn
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Um. Really? Get through this first trip and next time it will be easier. Honest.
CorpCityGrl
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Go out.  Have fun.  It's harder on you than it is on them.

2ndchances123
by New Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM

some time for your self will do you some good! once u get out there and loosen up, u'll see every thing will be okay. go enjoy your self mama

Junebaby18
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Has the baby spent any time with grandma before? If not, have her come over as often as possible to have them get used to eat other. If so, they will do great together!
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I know you have said she cries around her before. Maybe you being totally gone would give them the chance to finally bond? 

johnny4ever
Having a great birthday!
Today at 4:52 PM
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I was so attached to my son and still am.I would go out and have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)