Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Foamless toothpaste piog

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM
  • 6 Replies
Does that even exist? My dd will be 2.5 this month and won't use the regular kids toothpaste because it is all foamy in her mouth and she's used to the infant/toddler kind that is just like a clear jell.

Is there any toothpaste that doesn't foam when it is used? We are almost out of the baby stuff and want to get her some "big girl" toothpaste, but don't know any that doesn't foam up.

Thanks for any help!
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Hmm, you might want to call a ped. dentist and ask.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:05 PM

You need to find a kind without SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) which is a foaming agent. I'm not sure if there are any kids brands out there though. 

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Tom's of Maine toothpaste is all natural and pretty weak in flavor and foam. We just got a bunch of samples of the strawberry flavor. My kids like it.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Ok, I googled and did find some kids brands. But, it looks like none of them are carried in actual stores. I know Toms of Maine is carried in stores. They have a "clean and gentle" formula that will not foam. But its mint flavored. 

Junebaby18
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Quoting splatz:

Ok, I googled and did find some kids brands. But, it looks like none of them are carried in actual stores. I know Toms of Maine is carried in stores. They have a "clean and gentle" formula that will not foam. But its mint flavored. 

I goggle it too and got some NASA made stuff for astronauts. lol My dd isn't going to be an astronaut anytime soon, so I don't think that would work. Thanks for letting me know about Tom's of Maine. I've heard of that kind.
Junebaby18
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Quoting clairewait:

Tom's of Maine toothpaste is all natural and pretty weak in flavor and foam. We just got a bunch of samples of the strawberry flavor. My kids like it.

Thanks! I think I will look into that brand. I've heard of it and think I've tried it too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN