Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How easily do you forgive or ask for forgiveness?

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:23 PM
  • 13 Replies

I was reading a newstory about a man who apologized on Facebook to another man he mugged in New York 35 years ago. Apparentely they were both on the same facebook page of a bagel shop in NYC when the mugger recoginized the name of the person he mugged in the comments section. He then went on to publicly apologize in that same comment section. The man who had been mugged accepted his forgiveness.

It had me thinking a lot about my own life and wondering about other people as well.

If someone does wrong to you or yours, are you easy to forgive? Does it matter if there is an apology or not?

If you have wronged someone, have you asked for their forgiveness?

Or do you hold a grudge?

by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GleeFan
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I usually forgive easily BUT I don't forget and then I am leery of that person going forth.

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:26 PM
I forgive pretty easy. But if I'm constantly forgiving the same thing for you. I have trouble trusting. Like if you lie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I don't forgive or forget and I've never asked for forgiveness, never once even crossed my mind.

famiglia_bella
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I forgive, but it doesn't come easy because I don't forget.  I think one could say I hold a grudge, but I call it protecting myself.  I have asked forgiveness from a few that I'm close to.  I think sometimes it is a perpetual thing, forgiving again and again until you can really move forward with that person.

And I'm not all lovey dovey with my forgiveness either, I don't just dole it out.  I need to know you are remorseful.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I'm the same way.

Quoting GleeFan:

I usually forgive easily BUT I don't forget and then I am leery of that person going forth.

DACIA79
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I'm not the forgive and forget type but it depends on the circumstances. I don't hold a grudge for little silly stuff.

If a person truly hurts me there will always be payback in the back of my mind.
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I usually forgive but terrible thing I can never forgive or forget.My Mom & My Aunt put my son in dangersimple frown

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting goddess99:

I don't forgive or forget and I've never asked for forgiveness, never once even crossed my mind.

I have NEVER asked for forgiveness either

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM

That would be hard.

Quoting johnny4ever:

I usually forgive but terrible thing I can never forgive or forget.My Mom & My Aunt put my son in dangersimple frown

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I forgive pretty easy. I also ask for forgivness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)