Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How STUPID is this! Would you pay to 'live' like this?

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 68 Replies
1 mom liked this

I really should not be allowed on the internet because I read something and then get all up in arms about it, then I come and post and complain about it here...lol

So the lastest thing I read was about a South African luxury hotel that caters to the super rich. The Emoya Luxury Hotel and Spa has the usual 5 star amenities only the 1%er's of the world can afford, but if guests get tired of all that luxury, the resort has created a 'Shanty Town' to give the super rich a 'real experience' of what it is like to live like the millions of poor people in South Africa!

SERIOUSLY, I can't make this stuff up folks! The hotel says that guests can get the psudeo-experience 'within the safe environment of the private game reserve'.

Wow just wow.

What do you think of a luxury hotel creating their version of a Shanty Town so the super rich can experience 'being poor'?

by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomtoAlexis05
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM
2 moms liked this

angrySeriously, reminds me of a book i read along time ago where the rich from, i think 'boston' waaay back in the day would conduct 'slum socials' where they'd drive their ritzy carriages and such around the slum sections while they drank alcohol and 'partied' and where it seemed to be 'happy hour' I put the book down and stopped reading and I RARELY do that w/ a book. I say if these rich Ba$t**ds wna exp. it in real life, strip them of all their titles and put them in a lil, just a 'lil' different element for just a lil while and see how much they cry for mommy...just my op, yours?

KW1280
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:32 PM
I think it is stupid also -op

They can go back to their own rich lives but the poor can't say well enough is enough bring me my filet mignon
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 2, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

That is really just weird.. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I searched for this and sure enough, it is on one of the homepages. This seems so out there to me.

johnny4ever
Great First Day
Yesterday at 7:56 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Beyond craziness!sarcasm

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:03 AM

lol oh god

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:37 AM
3 moms liked this
How about they really experience being poor and have all their money taken and redistributed to all the poor everywhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Cool, maybe they can pay for some of those poor people to stay at the resort. *sarcasm.

MMIC
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM
4 moms liked this
That is sick. Just proves the less fortunate like me, are lab rats. My husband and I work our asses off to struggle. I'm so tired of living this way.

Good thing is I do see right through the bullshit.

The media, shopping, luxurious items and such are all just there to keep us blind to what's going on behind the scenes.

You are rich if you look at the stars, worship your god, laugh with your family and have love in your heart.
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that if the super rich want to know what it's like to be poor, they should go to any city and get an apartment in a "bad" section, or at least "worse than they live in" and live there for 2 months.

Or hide all their money. Maybe take enough to barely get by for a few weeks, and just leave home and find out the hard/easy way. By not using any of their money.

Better yet. Contact me. I'll explain it. They can live in my place and I and my family wil live in theirs. 

They will get to spend what I get to spend a month and that's it. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)