Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

For the ladies with multiple children... were subsequent babies born sooner?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM
  • 54 Replies

I know its different for everyone and I can't really base much off of this. But, I am just curious. :) My doctor swears that subsequent babies are born sooner. I went later with my second than my first. Crossing my fingers that I don't end up super overdue this time! haha

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsunshine77
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 2 dd.  My first was a premie born 6 weeks early.  My second made it to term and was born at almost 38 weeks.  I had complications (the same) for both and C-sections for both.  I never had labor pains for either one - something I will never experience. 

Mommy4000
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My first was born at 38 weeks, and my second at 35, but I don't think her coming earlier had anything to do with being a subsequent pregnancy. There were other factors surrounding her pregnancy that most likely caused her to come early.

ratchetlee
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Baby #1: born 15 days before EDD

Baby #2: born 1 day AFTER his EDD (although I did go into preterm labor at 32 weeks)

Baby #3: born on her EDD

So that is NOT the case for me :-)

ELFs_Mommy
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM
I have three... Each one "late", and each "later" than the one before... My oldest was 2 days late, my middle 5 days, and my youngest i had induced at a full week late because she was showing NO signs of coming on her own anytime soon.
hwblyf
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 5.  My last 3 I had gestational diabetes, so they weren't allowed to go longer than 39 weeks, but I was actually in labor with my 4th on my induction date.  I was pretty close to the due date for all mine, within a couple days.  Except #5.  He was two weeks early.  But 14 hours labor.

Twix.Leigh
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Both boys were born exactly 40 weeks. Within an hour of when I know we "did the deed". I know that's not when I conceived, but still cool.
crochetmom07
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Wasn't like that with me. My first was born at 35 weeks after only 4 hours of labor. My second was born at 37 weeks after 14 hours of labor.
sparkle.ana
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:42 PM
I had my first at 37 weeks, second at 33, after going into labor at 31 weeks, and my third at 41 weeks. I'm currently almost 7 weeks pregnant, so we'll see when this baby comes.
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I would be happy if she came on her EDD! haha 

Quoting ratchetlee:

Baby #1: born 15 days before EDD

Baby #2: born 1 day AFTER his EDD (although I did go into preterm labor at 32 weeks)

Baby #3: born on her EDD

So that is NOT the case for me :-)

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Hah! I think this will most likely be me. :) 

Quoting ELFs_Mommy: I have three... Each one "late", and each "later" than the one before... My oldest was 2 days late, my middle 5 days, and my youngest i had induced at a full week late because she was showing NO signs of coming on her own anytime soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN