Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Date night dinner help!

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 9 Replies

My husband and I are going through a bit of a rough patch. We havent talked in weeks and the rare time we do we fight.

So Saturday night we are having a date night, to try to reconnect and talk about whats been going on.

We are just staying home to do this, so we feel more comfortable and open to actually talk.

I want to make a nice dinner. Something not to expensinsive, and something thats not to much (it will just be us two eating it) But at the same time something romantic and delicious.

I want to try something new, we usually do steak, so something besides that!

So any ideas please share :) thanks!

by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Lemon chicken. I made this a couple times before going vegan and it's very good.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/lemon-chicken/15d7c942-198a-46ce-8a6c-cc94d0c530dc

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:00 PM

BUMP

Chibee
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:22 PM
2 moms liked this

I would say make something that you know he really likes...even if its grilled cheese.   Just make something that shows "hey, I know this is one of your favs and I'm showing you that I was thinking about you when planning this".    Or if its a fav beer or fav drink, etc.    Guys notice that stuff.  Thats why they say "a way to a mans heart is through his stomach"  =)    Good luck on the rekindle.   Props to you for working on your marriage  =) 

blowing kissesyou rock

Milsmum
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I like chicken stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon with sweet potato chips.. really simple to make but delicious :-)
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I agree with this! 

Quoting Chibee:

I would say make something that you know he really likes...even if its grilled cheese.   Just make something that shows "hey, I know this is one of your favs and I'm showing you that I was thinking about you when planning this".    Or if its a fav beer or fav drink, etc.    Guys notice that stuff.  Thats why they say "a way to a mans heart is through his stomach"  =)    Good luck on the rekindle.   Props to you for working on your marriage  =) 

blowing kissesyou rock

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:36 PM

If you guys like broccoli & chicken this is a super yummy EASY meal. Then you can spend more time on eachother & less time worrying about dinner. :)  Bonus is there is no clean up!

I do no bacon & less ranch. Turns out perfect every time. 

http://www.bigoven.com/recipe/194728/foil-pack-chicken-and-broccoli-dinner-15

CampClan
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Lasagna, salad, garlic bread, & some type of dessert. Add a glass of wine & you are good to go!

The guy I am with is Italian so anything from a jar or can is a no- no. So I have learned to make my own sauce. I can't wait to cook for my guy (I have been perfecting my recipe with the add of my kids LOL). 

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 7:25 PM
This sounds good.

Quoting CampClan:

Lasagna, salad, garlic bread, & some type of dessert. Add a glass of wine & you are good to go!

The guy I am with is Italian so anything from a jar or can is a no- no. So I have learned to make my own sauce. I can't wait to cook for my guy (I have been perfecting my recipe with the add of my kids LOL). 

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Date night in is a splurge dinner for us. SOmething I don't normally make.

Steak is always a big hit, but maybe I'll add portabello mushrooms, or artichokes (the whole ones).

Otherwise, fish is also easy, quick to clean up, and usually good.

Dang. Now I'm hungry.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)