Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you shop for or with your children?

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:54 PM
  • 13 Replies

My husband asked me the other why I don't go shopping WITH my daughter.

I tend to shop for my daughter.  And not with her.  She usually loves whatever I pick up for her and I get to control what is bought, style and money wise.  I hate shopping with her ; She tends to go for ridiculous outfits and she tends the pick the most expensive thing off the rack !!  What about you ?

by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 6, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Normally not but today I did!

MichelleMc
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 6:41 PM

When I was shopping for my son when he was still home, it would be with him. I "trained" ( LOL ) him a long time ago about deals & sales, we always had a great time talking & laughing, we just enjoyed the time together. 

Now, it isn't possible. So for Christmas I will be shopping without him, and it would be presents anyway. Otherwise I wouldn't be shopping for him. If we were hanging together like me visiting there or him here, we would go & do some shopping, though I wouldn't be buying for him anymore. 

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I always shop with my kids. But, DS is 8 and DD is 3 so I'm sure that helps. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I do shop alot for my dd but I do enjoy shopping with her too, now that she's a little older.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Normally for clothes, I shop for my kids. But when buying shoes or sneakers, I shop with them
robertribeye
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Ds-4, I shop for, dd-8, I shop for , dd- 10 I take her and , dd-14 I take her. They hit a certain age where they have personal style and want to pick out thier own stuff. My younger 2 don't care yet. Although the dd who's 8 , refuses to wear Gymboree or bows anymore and says they are babyish.
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Up until this year , I bought for my now 14 yr old, and well... Boys are easy to please! However, now that he's grow by leaps and bounds, plus is developing an actual " style" ... He 'a gonna have to
Suck it up and come WITH me to try pants on, opinions on shirts, etc. for instance, I always get the basic white sock, right?
Well, I had to get black dress socks for him two weeks ago only to discover those are all he wants to wear! They don't tell you those things! Lol

At least girls give you a CLUE!
mommy2girls0506
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:53 AM

we do some of our shopping with like when we buy for family we might grab stuff for them as well and then hide it in the cart too or my hubs goes out by himself or i go by myself.

GirlWithANikon
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 5:40 AM

I shop with. But my 4 year old loves ridiculous stuff to. She wants like animals print tops with long sleeves in neon colors with a tutu with jeans under and $40.00 boots with the fur when we live in hawaii. Why do they sell boots with the fur here?

I just tell her her style will make the other kids feel bad because they don't look as fashionable as her so she should be kind and tone it down so no one feels bad. Buy her a tutu for the house and I call it a day.

MrsD.Duvall
by New Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 5:50 AM
I usually take them, unless its a present/surprise.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)