Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She asked me for some make up!

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:29 PM
  • 10 Replies

14yo DD asked me if I would put some make up on her this evening.

My rule was always no make up until she was 14 & I taught her how to put it on so she didn't look like a clown. Well tonight she had 3 small bumps on her cheekbone (almost like bug bites) that were red & she wanted them covered. 

I knew this day would come. And thankfully she only asked for foundation & powder. I offered to do eyeliner but she insisted she was fine. 

I use the trublend from CoverGirl & she has the same complexion I do so it wasn't too obvious that she was wearing make up.

by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 7, 2013 at 9:12 PM

That's nice. My dd is 11 and plays with make up sometimes, but never leaves the house with it.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Oh I am so not looking forward to those days. They grow up way too quickly! 

CampClan
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:01 AM

My ex & I agreed when the girls were babies to allow lipgloss at 12 & make up at 14. So far I have been lucky & neither one really care. But the older had those bumps & was embarrassed. They weren't like pimples which she is okay with. 

But I agree they do grow up too fast. Older DD is already in a bigger bra than I am! Younger DD is asking when she will get boobs because ODD got them when she was 11 & YDD is 12.

Quoting splatz:

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM

My Mom never taught me about make-up!

dalbax2
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Mine either. I learned from my friends who fortunately did not look like clowns.....lol.

Quoting johnny4ever:

CMay2CK
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 11:58 AM

My daughter is 11.  She plays with eyeshadow and mascara all the time.  I don't see the harm in it.  She actually does a pretty good job, and it is never garish.  Of course, I prefer her au natural, but when she asks to wear makeup to school, or what not, I'm going to allow it.  I'd rather know what she is doing and keep it simple. I remember putting on makeup every morning as I walked to school, and wiping it off on the way home.  My mom had a strict 16 rule.  

CampClan
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine either. Nor did she give me the birds & the bees talk! Everything I know I learned from school & personal experience. Then she had the nerve to ask me (when I got pregnant with #3-#5) "Don't you know what causes that?" Haha

Quoting johnny4ever:

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I think those are really good ages. Its awesome that your girls weren't in a rush to wear makeup. I hope I get that lucky. 

Quoting CampClan:

My ex & I agreed when the girls were babies to allow lipgloss at 12 & make up at 14. So far I have been lucky & neither one really care. But the older had those bumps & was embarrassed. They weren't like pimples which she is okay with. 

But I agree they do grow up too fast. Older DD is already in a bigger bra than I am! Younger DD is asking when she will get boobs because ODD got them when she was 11 & YDD is 12.

Quoting splatz:

kathymomof2
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:39 AM

i think it's really sweet she asked you for help instead of going to her girlfriends

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:17 PM

She is growing up. It's nice that's all she wanted I think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)