Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I have the house blues

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 7 Replies
back in 2010 I did something I had sworn I would NEVER do. I sold my dream house. I was getting divorced and I thought financially, that was the best thing to do. I bought myself a much smaller house for me and my daughter and my dog. Little did I know, within a year's time I would have a new husband and 3 new pets in tow. I find this house is SO small now. We're always in each other's way... the house is so small it always seems to be dirty and cluttered (it Was NEVER LIKE THAT in my old house) there's no room for anything ; it drives me up the wall and I am starting to hate this house with a passion. I love the neighborhood where I live now, love that we have a park within walking distance and I LOVE the fact that my best friend lives across the street and we have become really good friends with our next door neighbours we save on electricity and what not but really... I should have kept the old house. My husband says he loves the house and doesn't understand why I diss the house all the time. He says if we had a bigger house, it would just be more clutter, more cleaning, more expensive... I don't know most days I think I made the wrong decision by selling it.
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kathymomof2
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Even though I can see your viewpoint, it sounds from your post that there are more advantages than disadvantages where you live now.   I would love to have a best friend that was just across the street. 

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM

There are lots of advantages but the lack of space REALLY bugs me.  I don't know, I guess it'll pass... it's just the small house blues!

Quoting kathymomof2:

Even though I can see your viewpoint, it sounds from your post that there are more advantages than disadvantages where you live now.   I would love to have a best friend that was just across the street. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:18 PM

That's too bad, maybe someday you'll be able to move into a slightly bigger home in the same area.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:27 PM

You and your DH have to get on the same page first.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I really don't want to move. For now anyways... I've invested a lot in this house including finishing the basement, putting in a pool, a flat stone walkway etc ... but it's one of them deals that if I could turn back time I would have done things differently !!  

Quoting Janet:

christina122952
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I wish i had friends that i lived near.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I have a lot of those!

Quoting Jinxed8:

I really don't want to move. For now anyways... I've invested a lot in this house including finishing the basement, putting in a pool, a flat stone walkway etc ... but it's one of them deals that if I could turn back time I would have done things differently !!  

Quoting Janet:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN