Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

christmas birthdays.....

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 7 Replies

so both of my children's birthdays are the same week as christmas (yeah its a little stressful) but what i'm mostly worried about it making them feel like they have their own individual birthdays (only 1 day apart from eachother) but also not feel like its christmas. having 2 separate birthday parties around christmas is too expensive and birthdays are individual days and i think that they need their own special day but money is sooo tight and its christmas. any ideas how to make them feel like their bdays are their own day and also not just a christmas bday?? (cheaply)

by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
christina122952
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:21 PM
My bday is christmas
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:23 PM
My baby b day is the 28 a few days after christmas.
pandybear1118
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Quoting auntangelofsix: My baby b day is the 28 a few days after christmas.

welll how did you make your bday different than christmas?? or is it a lost cause???

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Make them or order them their favorite dinner, wrap their gifts in Birthday wrap, have birthday cake and plates, napkins, etc. My dh's birthday is Dec. 19 and when I take pics you would never guess it was Christmas time. It looks just like a family birthday. Good luck and happy birthday to them!

jupiter5
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:12 PM
I would do something small then let them choose a month feb- June to have a bigger party...
Proud2bamomma
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm actually trying to learn something new for my dd. Her birthday is Dec. 7. I know thats not that close to Christmas, but its still a tight month with all the gift giving. I was thinking of just having family/friends over the house for cake and ice cream. She is 6, so its not a huge deal to have a big party. I just hope it doesnt cause a problem later when she wants something more.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Its not mine it is my youngest son and we do a family b day for him.

Quoting pandybear1118:

Quoting auntangelofsix: My baby b day is the 28 a few days after christmas.

welll how did you make your bday different than christmas?? or is it a lost cause???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)