Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What would it take for you to believe?

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:34 AM
  • 29 Replies
Being a mom there are so many things to worry about when it comes to our precious little ones. What about things you can see? No I don't mean carbon monoxide or chemicals in our food but instead "Ghosts" or the paranormal.

Another post about finding weird things in the house made me think of this.
I never believed in ghosts until we moved into my current home. We have occurrences all the time like getting locked in the basement or things being thrown off the top of the refrigerator or down the stairs. I've even seen the deadbolt on our door be turned and jiggled with no one there.
We also have noises of coming up the stairs and doors opening etc.. But I know those can be explained alternatively.

For our basement.. We have one of those slide locks that you slide over and push into the notch to secure it.. Well it was installed up side down so the notch is on the top so you slide it over and push the little knob up. We have tried to slam the door and jiggle it etc.. To get it to move on its own and to no avail. I got locked down there with my toddler upstairs and nobody else home. I had to escape through the bulkhead so I saw from the other side that it was fully locked and notched. I yelled to whatever it was and said that they couldn't lock us down there if only one adult was home. They haven't done it since unless two of us are there!

Our heat has been turned all the way up and down when nobody is in the room etc..

Do you believe in ghosts? Or have any stories? What would you do to ensure your little ones safety?

**edit I should say that nothing feels threatening at all. And the activity increased when my husbands father passed away and a small part of his ashes where brought to our home in a small urn.
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina122952
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM
I do and they are harmless. My grandma died in1999 and she ia still around.
Remy11
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Mobile Photo

Here are two photos side by side.. They were taken in quick succession . I cropped them so it would be a bit bigger but the camera didn't move. I'm not saying it's anything.. That's for you to decide :)
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't believe in ghosts.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I see a mist in the 2nd picture. I do believe in ghosts, but I don't worry about my dd's safety.

Saurusmom8
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Have you went to the local library or historical site to find history on your house? How long has it been happening? Has it only been since the ashes? *interesting*
Saurusmom8
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:12 PM
*jinkies* ;) I do have stories. When I was a little girl I had this tape recorder. One day I was cleaning my room and noticed my recorder was on play record. I hadn't used it in awhile so I stopped it and pushed rewind.. when I played it there was a demonic voice in the background that said "get you.."

I replayed it for my dad. I still have the tape.

Our tv used to turn off and on and cupboards would open and close in the middle of the night.

I believe it exists. I also believe God is bigger than anything that tries to scare me. My personal story and belief.
SHORTSHORT
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Been seeing ghost since I was a toddler. So I don't fear them. I fear live bodies before I fear the dead
famiglia_bella
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I don't know what I believe.  As an atheist, I have accepted that some things are as of yet still inexplicable.  I have had many of these experiences, and though I tried my best to recreate them, could not.  I don't know if I "believe" or if I am just okay with not understanding it all.

teachergirl
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM
I believe. In our old house the radio would turn on and off on its own. I would have a feeling of not being alone. But it wasn't a bad feeling. The spirit was playfull! I believe you have spirits in ur home. Talk to them . Tell them the rules about safety for the kids. I believe, as long as the spirit is good, u can live together just fine.
DragonInfinity
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Ghosts no. Demons, devils, fallen angels, pranksters, spiritual pressences, and spirits yes I believe in those.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)