Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

best advice to give?!?

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:06 PM
  • 10 Replies
Ok! What's your best parenting adivce you would give someone, or something that just really works well for you & your family. (:

Mine would be communication! (With your LO(s)
Just because sometimes you can't make out what there saying listen slowly and watch ! You would be surprised what there trying to say and understand at such a young age (:
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celestegood
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:30 AM
I would say, take care of yourself. Nobody else will!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjoyb
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Best advice my mom ever gave to me was....only you know when enough is enough & when you have enough you leave. Went thru a really bad relationship & she knew that telling me to leave wasn't going to make me leave, I had to figure that out on my own. She was right, when I had enough I left

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 11, 2013 at 8:00 AM

I have never been one to take advice

Kari4912
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I don't give advice unless I was asked for it. But I would say. Take a five min. Brake when you are feeling overwhelmed. Put your child in there crib or play pen with a few toys. And take a breather your child will he fine in his or her crib. You don't want to be stressed or overwhelmed. Your child can feel it and they will be stressed out also.
AiLi
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

If I was asked to give a piece of advice, I would definitely tell parents to take out time for themselves.  If the kids are in bed, it is ok to sit in the bath with a glass of wine (as long as you aren't breastfeeding) and relax from the day.  If the kids are driving you up the wall and it is all too much, it is ok to go lock yourself in the bathroom or your room for five minutes and scream into a pillow.  I've seen so many parents fully losing their cool because they won't give themselves at least 5-10 minutes a day.

I would also advise them that a bedtime is not cruel and unusual punishment and setting rules doesn't make them bad parents.  It doesn't matter if they are 6 or 7 and their classmates have a bedtime of 10pm. It is your child and if bedtime is 8pm at your house, then keep it 8pm.  So I guess the actual advice would be to do what is best for them and their child and not what every other person says they should do.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 11, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I guess my 1st advice would be, get to know the two of you before it becomes the three of you.

Then, sleep when your baby sleeps.

MichelleMc
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Don't be your kids friend. They have friends, they need a mom ( dad ). Best thing you can do is be a parent not a friend. 

Also care about your SO while your kids are around because when they go off to live their lives, you two need to be together. So don't forget about them & make them important too, as they should be. 

Amberlynn2010
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 7:57 PM
All you guys have some great advice ! (:
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Don't listen to old wives tales or nosy people - go with your Mom gutt, it's usually right.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Teach your kids by example.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN