Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I'm supposed to spend $200 ONLY on myself... what?!

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM
  • 74 Replies

Ok yeah I know.. poor me lol. But I can't remember the last time I spent money on myself for something other than maternity clothes. My mom sends money for the kids & I every year for Christmas vs gifts because its quicker/easier. I'm supposed to spend $200 on myself. I have no idea what to buy! How sad is that? lol

If you had $200 to spend ONLY on you, what would you buy? 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.wilcox01
by Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Day at the spa anda few outfits
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 13, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I would get my hair done, not sure what else.

2004MAMA715
by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Clothes, shoes, get hair done.
mrsjksimmons
by Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Buy some new jeans. That would take almost a whole hundred. Two pairs of Levi's cost about $90. But they are the only jeans that fit right. I am short with a tiny waist and HUGE hips & butt.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 13, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I was debating on a hair cut. But I sort of want to just whack it all off right now. I want to chop all my hair off every pregnancy lol. I guess I could go to shoulder length.. I just need to be able to pull it back still. 

Quoting goddess99:

I would get my hair done, not sure what else.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 13, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I'm due in a month so no clothes shopping for me. :( 

Quoting mrsjksimmons:

Buy some new jeans. That would take almost a whole hundred. Two pairs of Levi's cost about $90. But they are the only jeans that fit right. I am short with a tiny waist and HUGE hips & butt.

mrsjksimmons
by Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 1:41 PM

See, I hate shopping for clothes. I feel like nothing ever looks good. You could pick out a few cute tops for post pregnancy. :) You could get a maternity massage. I've heard when you're pregnant, they feel great.

Quoting splatz:

Quoting mrsjksimmons:

twinners.mama
by Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 1:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Save it for after the baby comes and then do something to feel good! Whether it be new outfits, hair, some new makeup, or a book and coffee!!

Quoting splatz:

Quoting mrsjksimmons:

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Oh pregnancy spa days are awesome. A little pre-baby pampering is so nice, most places will have maternity packages that take really good care of mommy before baby arrives. 

jaydensmom1726
by Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
another brand that works really well is a brand at costco called urban star jeans.they are mens jeans but they stretch and they a waist length(36x32) and they are soft an comfy as well
Quoting mrsjksimmons:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)