Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Anyone get insurance from the Affordable Care Act?

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:14 PM
  • 134 Replies

How did it go? Are you pleased with what you got?

by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:18 PM

We can't afford the price we got so we won't be getting it yet.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 9:44 PM
I plan on doing so in a couple of weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 14, 2013 at 8:05 AM

No we have insurance through DH's Work

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 14, 2013 at 8:21 AM
We have insurance thru our jobs.
MommyOfOne2710
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope, the premiums and deductibles are ridiculous. I can't afford it, so I am uninsured.
MichelleMc
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM

We get insurance through my husbands work. But I have heard only horrible things about that nightmare. Sigh. 

toopicky429
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:34 AM
2 moms liked this
We have our own insurance. From what I have heard the "affordable" health care isn't affordable at all. I didn't even bother checking it because we are happy with what we have.
pinkcoffeecup
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't want nothing to do with Obama Care.  First off the site is not secure.  I seen with my own eyes. How easy someone could hack in and get peoples identities. I refuse to put my personal ID stuff on a jagged up website.  Then Obama lied to us.  You may think the premium is not to bad.  It covers for pre existing and that.  Well wait till you get the deductible. That could be anywhere from 10-12,000$.  That is before the insurance covers anything I am told.  I found out on a bronze plan you pay 40% of all costs, 30 on a silver, 20 on a gold,10% on a platinum plan.  Even on the platinum plan.  Assuming you had a major surgery.  Like for cancer. That included treatments after the surgery as part of your recovery.  10% could  be a few on up to several thousand dollars.   How many of us can really afford that.  Many of us live from pay day to pay day.  There isn't to much extra left over.    Then you can't opt our of services you might never use.  Like at my age of 51.  I will never need maternity care. But it's on a policy if I buy one.  I can't opt. out of it getting a discount on my insurance. 

pinkcoffeecup
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Me too.  Can't afford it.  I'll forgo the fine and not buy it.  

Quoting MommyOfOne2710: Nope, the premiums and deductibles are ridiculous. I can't afford it, so I am uninsured.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I have yet to check on things with the new program.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN