Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My sons eye color ?!?!?HELP HELP

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:00 AM
  • 16 Replies

Mobile Photo

I had my son almost 3weeks ago and his eyes looked so dark when he was born but now they are changing ?!? Or am I seeing things? My sister has hazel green colored eyes and my moms brother had sea blue colored eyes . I have dark almost black colored eyes and his father has just plain brown eyes. Both sides of my family have colored eyes. But I'm freaking out BC my first son has plain brown and my newborns eyes r this color and I need to get a third parties opinion !! Do you have children with colored eyes? If so what color? And what did there eyes look like at birth and how did they change since then?!? HELP!
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 14, 2013 at 8:03 AM

My son had blue eyes now they are hazel-brown!We also have a Friend who has 1 blue and 1 brown eye.

crochetmom07
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:04 AM
It is normal for babies eyes to change color up to six months, I think. My children both have grey eyes like their daddy. They change cor depending on mood and surroundings. My youngest had green eyes at birth and my oldest had blue.
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Eye color does change. I was born with bright blue eyes and slowly over 20 years my eye color changed to green now another 20 years later they are more of a hazel color.

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM

You probably carry the genes for hazel and blue eyes so it is possible that he will have hazel eyes.  My daughter's eyes are hazel blue/grey like her dads, but blue at birth.  My eyes are hazel green/brown

Jewl-e
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM
All of my children had grey eyes at birth, shortly after 6 months DD's changed to bright green, DS1's eyes took a little longer and are green/hazel (they look camo) and YS's eyes were grey/blue and are a dark almost navy blue now and have been. He is 8 months old. My oldest 2's dad has green/blue eyes his dads are clear blue n his moms are flat brown. My moms are flat brown and my dads are green. My youngests dad has green eyes and his moms are blue... It's really a crap shoot honestly... I'm pretty sure this baby will have green eyes, I guess we will see. Your babies eyes look grey/brown (prolly the pic) but I'm sure they'll change somehow...
MichelleMc
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Eye color does change. You & the father carry genes from your family. The baby's eyes can settle. They do change as they get older. 

toopicky429
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I agree with the others, eye color changes. My husband and I have brown eyes. Our daughter has brown eyes, and my son was born with an eye color that we couldn't even give a color name too, lol. He is 6 now, and they are green/hazel. I have family with hazel and blue eyes, and my husband has family with blue and green eyes. I wouldn't be shocked if our next child had blue eyes.
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Hugs....The colors of their eyes will change in the early days sometimes before it evens out to the true color....just give it time...when my last little one was in her early days, her eyes were a greenish like color...but as she grew older in baby stages, they became very brown...

celestegood
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM
They do change. Give it time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Its normal for them to change. They may change shades a few times over the next few months. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)