Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Giving your own baby shower?...what do you think?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM
  • 84 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I'ce decided I want to give my own baby shower. My mom has offered and has even said she will give the baby shower because its incredibly tasteless to give your own baby shower. However I feel like it if I want to do it I can. Why should I have to follow tradition? What do you all think? Did anyone else give their own baby shower?

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I would say if you really want it the way you want it, throw it yourself. If you don't really care then let your mom do it. I never had one.

GMMC
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I don't know...I have never heard of anyone giving their own shower...I think I am inclined to say have someone else offer it. why do you not want your mother to give you a shower?

LadyBug190
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Me and my mom have been fighting this whole pregnancy. Everything I want is wrong and she has a better way to do it  and when I don't do it she gets pissed and hurt. 

Quoting GMMC:

I don't know...I have never heard of anyone giving their own shower...I think I am inclined to say have someone else offer it. why do you not want your mother to give you a shower?

scraphappy12
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM
3 moms liked this
I say you plan it and "give it" but give your mom the credit, if that makes sense, that way you get the shower you want but it looks like your mom threw it so you don't get the tacky part of throwing it yourself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GMMC
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Oh well than that makes more sense but like one other poster offered...it might come off as well...a bit tacky..sorry don't mean to pop your bubble...just my opinion...you gotta do what you gotta do...

good luck

Quoting LadyBug190:

Me and my mom have been fighting this whole pregnancy. Everything I want is wrong and she has a better way to do it  and when I don't do it she gets pissed and hurt. 

Quoting GMMC:

TattooLoveShow
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM
my husband did my baby shower bc i wouldn't throw my own baby shower. my friend who would have thrown my baby shower was in the hospital with her grandfather and I told him next time I want a gender release party.
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't have no.  It is a little tacky to do your own,  it kinda screams "I want presents"

it is, however, totally acceptable if someone else does it for you.   But hey, if you think it's cool with people around you, go ahead and do it. 

Mommyplan
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I totally agree with you. A baby shower is FOR YOU, so you can do whatever you want. That said, maybe mom just wants to feel like she has a major part in it. I know that's how it made my mom feel. Maybe the two of you could co-chair the shower.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Quoting LadyBug190:

Quoting GMMC:

I would have one for myself!

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:53 PM

This is what I was thinking too! 

Quoting scraphappy12: I say you plan it and "give it" but give your mom the credit, if that makes sense, that way you get the shower you want but it looks like your mom threw it so you don't get the tacky part of throwing it yourself

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)