Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Giving your own baby shower?...what do you think?

Posted by   + Show Post

So I'ce decided I want to give my own baby shower. My mom has offered and has even said she will give the baby shower because its incredibly tasteless to give your own baby shower. However I feel like it if I want to do it I can. Why should I have to follow tradition? What do you all think? Did anyone else give their own baby shower?

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (81-84):
erikadi
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:53 AM

I think giving your own baby shower is fine. 

MoMy2Be85
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:38 PM
I have had my own baby shower before and it was actually pretty fun considering I got to decorate. I never wondered if others thought it was tasteless of not. Guess I never really gave a shit haha :-)
MoMy2Be85
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Quoting LadyBug190:

Me and my mom have been fighting this whole pregnancy. Everything I want is wrong and she has a better way to do it  and when I don't do it she gets pissed and hurt. 

Quoting GMMC:

I don't know...I have never heard of anyone giving their own shower...I think I am inclined to say have someone else offer it. why do you not want your mother to give you a shower?

This is completely understandable especially considering my mom is the same way and needless to say has never been on charge of anything when it comes to parties and such with me haha Its too much hell
kacfl816
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:05 PM
My first one I invited people and my stepmom decorated and did the food and had it at her house. I didn't want people to spend money on a second shower for me, so I had a baby celebration l lunch at a restaurant. If people wanted to come and celebrate my ds then they came. We all paid for our own food and if THEY wanted to give a gift then they could but I didn't ask for anything. It was a nice lunch witb my closest friends. My mil threw us a family babyshower.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)