Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Big Sibling Gift?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM
  • 29 Replies

For the moms of more than one...

When you had subsequent babies did you get the older child(ren) a special gift (either from yourself or from baby) when the new baby was born? 

If so what did you get them?  I need some inspiration! :) 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cozie_Sisika458
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Hmmm I usually get a board game for all 3 of mine. I usually do my boys a shared gifts (9&8) this year skylanders swap force for ps3 and a skylanders board game too.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I did.

Keep in mind, my older two sons are now adults. When my second son was born, we bought my oldest son, who was just about to turn 3, 101 Dalmations and Aladdin on video (yes, good old VCR's back then). To this day, my oldest who is 22 years old, has two favorite Disney movies...care to guess which two they are?  :)

When my youngest son was born, I bought my two older boys (who were 13 and 10 at the time) leather Fossil watches. One because they are teen/tween boys who like stuff like that and two because it symbolized the 'time' of their baby brothers birth.

JasonsMom2007
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Yep best thing I ever did. Ds was almost 3 and I bought him the geotrax set he really wanted. Gave me time to recover because he spent days playing with that thing.
jett286
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I bought my first born who  was 2 at the time a "I'm the Big Brother" t-shirt...that's it, my mom bought him a Tickle me Elmo for when the baby was born.  Other wise he was just so excited the baby was here...for about a week.  Then he told me 'brother' needs to go back to the hospital...

Raeann11
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

We got them things they can do while I was in labor.

iamcafemom83
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest was 2 when little brother was born. I didn't think to get her anything. Grandparents gave her a couple trinkets, though I cannot remember what it was:/
mrsmac521
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

We did not get him a gift really, but we did make sure we took him out once a week for some one on one time.  But he did go out and get something for the baby for his birthday.  He loved that.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 17, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Aww! :) 

When Kaitlyn was born Cameron got Princess and the Frog on dvd. My whole pregnancy he said that when she was born he wanted to see that movie with her because "she liked it". So when he came to visit in the hospital after she was born we all watched it together. He was SO excited.

The watch is a really cute idea too! 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Yes I did.

Keep in mind, my older two sons are now adults. When my second son was born, we bought my oldest son, who was just about to turn 3, 101 Dalmations and Aladdin on video (yes, good old VCR's back then). To this day, my oldest who is 22 years old, has two favorite Disney movies...care to guess which two they are?  :)

When my youngest son was born, I bought my two older boys (who were 13 and 10 at the time) leather Fossil watches. One because they are teen/tween boys who like stuff like that and two because it symbolized the 'time' of their baby brothers birth.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 17, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Great idea! Busy activities are ALWAYS nice! haha

Quoting JasonsMom2007: Yep best thing I ever did. Ds was almost 3 and I bought him the geotrax set he really wanted. Gave me time to recover because he spent days playing with that thing.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM

haha I'm sure DD will be saying the same thing about the baby. DS told me when DD was born that we should keep her. Cracked me up! 

Quoting jett286:

I bought my first born who  was 2 at the time a "I'm the Big Brother" t-shirt...that's it, my mom bought him a Tickle me Elmo for when the baby was born.  Other wise he was just so excited the baby was here...for about a week.  Then he told me 'brother' needs to go back to the hospital...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)