Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

anyone have experience with RSV

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:34 PM
  • 15 Replies
anyone have experience with RSV.. My 4yo was diagnosed with double ear infection and RSV he's on breathing treatments and augmentin antibiotic.
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessica1078
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:37 PM
My niece had it but she was a premie and only a few months old so she was in an oxygen tent for a few days
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Some of mine had it when they were little....They were in the hospital for a bit and received the breathing treatments also and were released as soon as drs. felt they were through it......It was my oldest ds and dd...our family does has resp. history....hope your little one is better soon.

soon2bmomof2grs
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Yes. Does he have breathing issues already? My oldest was a almost one. We spent 3days at hospital with her on an IV. No breathing treatments, they just had to keep her because the 3rd day is the worst and we would know by then how bad it was. She was a bit cranky, but nothing bad.

SHORTSHORT
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM
My dd but she was only like 3 wks then an spent nearly 9 days in ICU on oxygen
Jenningsmommy
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:43 PM
No but had pneumonia after he was born 8 days in NICU

Quoting soon2bmomof2grs:

Yes. Does he have breathing issues already? My oldest was a almost one. We spent 3days at hospital with her on an IV. No breathing treatments, they just had to keep her because the 3rd day is the worst and we would know by then how bad it was. She was a bit cranky, but nothing bad.

soon2bmomof2grs
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Hum. I've never heard of anyone over the age of 1 getting RSV and needing the breathing treatments, that didn't have resp issues to start with. Not that I know that many who have had a child over 1 get it. IDk, best of luck momma!

Quoting Jenningsmommy: No but had pneumonia after he was born 8 days in NICU

Quoting soon2bmomof2grs:

johnny4ever
Hiking!
Yesterday at 10:55 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 17, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Hope he gets better soon!

momoftwogirls29
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 6:18 PM

My daughter was hospitalized in August for the same thing. They did breathing treatments every hour and oral meds. She ran a fever of 104 and had an oxgyen level of 79 where it is suppose to be 95. Makes these little ones every sick

Jenningsmommy
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I know he's not his normal self at all.. I don't think I'll be sleeping good the next few nights

Quoting momoftwogirls29:

My daughter was hospitalized in August for the same thing. They did breathing treatments every hour and oral meds. She ran a fever of 104 and had an oxgyen level of 79 where it is suppose to be 95. Makes these little ones every sick

momoftwogirls29
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Never do when they are sick. My daughter was in the hospital 3 days.

Quoting Jenningsmommy: I know he's not his normal self at all.. I don't think I'll be sleeping good the next few nights

Quoting momoftwogirls29:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)