Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone have experience with RSV

Posted by   + Show Post
anyone have experience with RSV.. My 4yo was diagnosed with double ear infection and RSV he's on breathing treatments and augmentin antibiotic.
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Replies (11-15):
stilin54
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM

my second baby had it at 2 weeks... it isn't much more than a "cold" when they are older they can tolerate it better than the younger ones.  my son has had a lot of issues since then because of how little he was.  just breathing treatments and the medicine and i was told to use a cool mist humidifier also.  

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Both my girls have had it. My oldest daughter who is 5 now was 14 mos and hospitalized with it. She stayed under a croup tent. my youngest was 5 months old and hospitalized with it last february. She had it bad. She would vomit up so much mucus and her labored breathing was horrible.She had a oxygen tubes in her nose the three days we were in there. And countless blood draw just wore her little self out. both had iv's and  Both were in the hospital for 3 days. They both are still sickly since. Especially my now 15 month old. Doc keeps us stocked with albuterol and we have the nebulizer handy when things get bad. Hopefully we will have a good year im praying. I hope you little one has a fast recovery

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:20 AM

My DS got it at 4 months old.. he was a preemie, was in the Nicu about 2 months and then had to be hospitalized again at 4 months bc of RSV. He was quarantined (sp?) .. all the nurses and doc's had to come in full body covered.. it was AWFUL! He was being babysat at my ex's Mothers house, I thought he was getting sick and had been worried about him the whole time during work (4p-12a) shift.. I went to their house to get him after work and he was still looking sick. I told her I was going to take him straight to the ER and she pretty much called me stupid for it straight to my face. I took him anyway and he was diagnosed! He was in the hospital I think for like 5 days and then he had to have nebulizer treatments and things too.. it was not cool. :(

pghmommyof5
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:22 AM

2 of mine have had it but they were very young and hospitalized

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:02 PM

That's one thing my kids never had.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)