Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cant believe my bestfriends mom did this.

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
She sent us christmas card in the mail and gave us a 150 gift card to target for our kids for christmas. Im so grateful. I can't believe she did that. She's helped with soo many other things. Im so happy my kids will have be happy to get more toys.
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 17, 2013 at 6:43 PM

How amazing!You should write her a nice Thank You card!

Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Three cheerers for grandma!!

christmas tree

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 17, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Very sweet.

angiejones256
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I tired calling her but she might be babysitting her granddaughter. But I wil deffently do something special when money good again.

Quoting johnny4ever:

maam0609
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Oh my, just thinking about it, it is making me smile. I don't know if people understand the difference they make. My daughters first Christmas was just a few weeks after my divorce was final. I was really depressed, and in the mail I got a card from a cousin and his newer wife. Our extended family don't live close, and have never been very close. Inside were two gift cards. They wrote the one was to get her something I wanted to be able to get her. The other one they said was for me to find something that I wanted, not needed, but wanted. It wasn't the money, but that someone stopped and thought about making me feel good. Sit down, hand write a nice thank you note, and remember this feeling, maybe you can do it for someone else at some point.

angiejones256
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I for sure wright her a card. She's done so much for my family when our youngest was born we weren't expecting him for another week we were going to buy him close, a crib etc etc well she SENT us a crib from fl to alabama then bought him some clothes and diapers. I feel like sending her like a gift card after I get caught up on bills.

Quoting maam0609:

Oh my, just thinking about it, it is making me smile. I don't know if people understand the difference they make. My daughters first Christmas was just a few weeks after my divorce was final. I was really depressed, and in the mail I got a card from a cousin and his newer wife. Our extended family don't live close, and have never been very close. Inside were two gift cards. They wrote the one was to get her something I wanted to be able to get her. The other one they said was for me to find something that I wanted, not needed, but wanted. It wasn't the money, but that someone stopped and thought about making me feel good. Sit down, hand write a nice thank you note, and remember this feeling, maybe you can do it for someone else at some point.

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
That was sweet of her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:08 PM

How nice of her.

angiejones256
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I know. I didn't even tell her what were going through. (Money wise) I was so shocked and happy to open the card and see it. Of course I called her and told her thank u.

Quoting Janet:

How nice of her.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:25 AM
2 moms liked this

Even better... have the kids help with the thank you card! If they are too young to write anything let them draw (or scribble) a card for her. Or you could even do a handprint with a younger kiddo. :) 

Quoting johnny4ever:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)