Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Flying with baby.

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:23 AM
  • 4 Replies
Next month my husband and I are flying from Texas to DC to visit some family with our seven month old daughter. I am wondering if there are any essentials besides a couple of toys and milk that I will need to have with me on board for my baby girl.
Is there anything you all would recommend that I take for her.

Like do I need to have earplugs for her ?
Also do I need anything besides her birth certificate to get her on board?
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
grneyedormom
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Pacifier if she uses one, they are great for babies to suck on during take off and landing to reduce the pressurizing of the air in the cabin. I've never needed a birth certificate for domestic travel with my minor child. Always bring it just in case, but have never needed it. Diapers, snacks if she's doing finger foods. Typical diaper bag items you would bring with you while you are out and about during the day.

Have a lot of patience and give yourself more than enough time for check-in, security and waiting at the gate. You have to pay for checking bags too...just in case you don't already know.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I just traveled with my dd, she's older but I was told to bring her birth certificate, no one ever asked to see it. And if your dh isn't the baby's father, then a signed letter from the biodad saying he's allowing the travel. I was told to bring that, which I did, again no one asked to see it.

There was a baby on one of our flights and I heard the mom say her baby did well traveling and didn't need earplugs or anything but of course all babies are different.

Hope you and your family have a great flight!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:01 PM

This

Quoting grneyedormom:

Pacifier if she uses one, they are great for babies to suck on during take off and landing to reduce the pressurizing of the air in the cabin. I've never needed a birth certificate for domestic travel with my minor child. Always bring it just in case, but have never needed it. Diapers, snacks if she's doing finger foods. Typical diaper bag items you would bring with you while you are out and about during the day.

Have a lot of patience and give yourself more than enough time for check-in, security and waiting at the gate. You have to pay for checking bags too...just in case you don't already know.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Hope you have a good trip....never flown myself..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN