Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Winter shoes

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:50 AM
  • 10 Replies
My 14 yr old insist on wearing slipper shoes to school walking thru all the snow and slush, when suggesting she wear her boots then change at school she says she never goes to her locker so she has nowhere to put her boots. Does any1 else deal with this type of issue
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Ah, silly kid! I find it kind of hard to believe a teenager in highschool, I assume, never goes to her locker.

I would just take her to buy a stylish (affordable) pair of boots fit for the weather and tell her that's what she needs to wear and learn to make a stop once at her locker.

Having wet feet suck lol

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I think alot of teens do that. I never see them wearing winter boots.

momtodab
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:24 AM
I think its an age thing. They can't afford to not look cool and changing shoes in the hallways isn't cool! :/ lol ha ha ha I think shell get over it at some point or try and gey her to pick out some boots she does like and would wear
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I do believe that many teenagers never go to their lockers. I was a teacher. If the lockers are on an "inconvienent" hallway, many kids will haul around a huge backpack all day just to avoid wasting the time.

It is insane, IMO. :)

Anyway, if it was my child, this would definitely be a battle I'd figure out how to fight. I mean, the slipper shoes would be easy to carry to school. If her biggest issue is the storage of the boots, I'd say, "Make the trip ONCE to your locker and just put the boots there, the end."

Another option might be springing for a more fashionable pair of boots that she's actually wear during the day.

I totally get it. Teens are super picky about clothes, and they think the silliest things are "cool" or not cool. It is comical, but I agree with the poster who says it is an age thing.

Good luck.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

celestegood
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Maybe you can get more fashionable boots? Or, just insist on tennis shoes. Most kids will wear those, and they are better than slipper shoes. My oldest child wears slipper shoes everywhere, but work. I pick my battles there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:43 PM

This was me for my freshman year! LOL

My locker was on the opposite end of campus from all my classes & I was so paranoid I would be late for my classes so I just carried ALL of my stuff all day. It sucked. 

Quoting clairewait:

I do believe that many teenagers never go to their lockers. I was a teacher. If the lockers are on an "inconvienent" hallway, many kids will haul around a huge backpack all day just to avoid wasting the time.

MichelleMc
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Slipper shoes, wouldn't be bought here ROFL. 

But otherwise, I would look for something that she would like, but real shoes would be worn, and something decent for the weather if walking only. 

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:26 PM
My son wears flip flops year round
Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Same here.

Quoting MichelleMc:

Slipper shoes, wouldn't be bought here ROFL. 

But otherwise, I would look for something that she would like, but real shoes would be worn, and something decent for the weather if walking only. 

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:36 AM

No, it rarely snows here...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN