Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Husband rescently caught cheating wants to go to a party where ex will be without me.

Posted by   + Show Post
OK I guess my title sums it up. I recently found out (2 1/2 months ago) that my DH was talking to ov. Women. He comtacted his ex fiance and ex girlfriends and was trying to hook up. He never did physically cheat but he ssexted several women. He also lied about it strait to my face dozens of times. He never aadmitted any of this until I showed him the proof in black and white. This Saturday our daughter wants to go to her friends birthday party. This friend happens to be an ex girlfriend of my husband:( I have to work so I won't be able to attend. My heart got torn out when I found out my hubby cheated on me with so many women and lied over and over again. I am working it out of course but I am so uncomfortable with him going to a party where she will be (she is single BTW) I can't get off work and go. Do you think I am being terrible for not wanting him to go? MY step daughters mom can take her but it is our weekend. I feel so awefulawful I was such a confident woman, with no trust issues. Now I am freaking out about a dumb party cause I dontdon't want my huhusband to flirt or hook up with another woman. Am I being weird? Or should I just let him go and trust h won't cheat. Thank you
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Replies (21-29):
CorpCityGrl
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:20 PM

No, you are not being weird.  He broke your trust, therefore you do not trust him and rightfully so. 

Personally, I'd let the mom take her.  It's a tough situation and if your husband wants to work this out, he would agree to let her mom take her.  He would also agree to complete transparency and be working his ass off to re-gain your trust.  By insisting he go and not agreeing to transparency, it'll be hard and it would make me think that he is not being sincere in his attempt at trying to fix the marriage.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:12 PM

no you're not horrible, I wouldn't trust him either ... as a matter of fact, he's damn lucky you're still with him after all this !!

Jenniy
by Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I wouldn't  trust him at ALL.  That's something he earns back.

Andreaaa81
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 1:03 AM

You are right!! Don't allow him to go. Would he let you go hang out at an ex-bf's house alone? Huh! Your husband is a loser.

Lynette
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 1:06 AM

If he does cheat at the party than he's not worth being married too.  

Have the 2 of you had any marriage counciling?  I think it's time.

sunnydays27
by Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 1:36 AM
I asked him not to go and told him if he decided to go anyway I knew where his priotities lay and I
would not be home for him to come home to. I told him he obviously didnt understand how hurt I was if he was to disregard me . (I never even made him speelan the couch after I found out everything) so I needed to put my foot.out down. He didnt even take a second to say, ok Ill have her mom take her. Well then of course she sent me a whole bunch of nasty messages. I dont mind her, she can say whatever she wants. I am not married to and raising a family with her, (well....sort of) but you get my gist. I know what is right for my family and if she want to call me a 'bad mother" for not allowing him to go to a party so be it. I just reminded her that if her daughters happiness, and relationship with her father was so importans she wouldnt have ran off with some other man and taken her away from her daddy when she was younger. She still takes his time away from him when he she gets mad at him. And who is the one coming between their relationship? Goodness. Well, He has been great and even called and talke to some people yesterday about how to gain my trust back. It is coming back, slowly. I hope to rekindle the love we once had. The trust will never be the same we will have to live with that.
sunnydays27
by Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 1:38 AM
I really need to read what I type lol. I have the worst auto correct it is like gibberish....hope you all can decipher what I was trying to portray. Ha ha ha
Saurusmom8
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM
You seem to go out of your way to prove your not THAT kind of jealous woman..however, he has provoked you and people who love you do not dismiss you.

I think its a bit too easy to play a song.. actions. Sorry.

I hope it works out and he chooses his wife.
sunnydays27
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you all. He didn't go. We actually dropped our daughter off at her moms hours to go fans she never took her...ha ha. All those worries for nothing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)