Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

"Missing" cookie

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 12 Replies
This is a vent/question.

How do react to a missing cookie?

A cookie, maybe two are missing. (She isnt even certian)

The 3yr was w me, my son upstairs watching a movie, my older daughter outside.

Well, my MIL startes yelling and going off. My son said "it was not me" she said "dont lie! You get no dessert now because you took thecookie, neither of you do" because at this point my 3yr old was there because she heard the word cookie.

Who knows maybe my older daughter took it. But i do not think it is a big deal. It is ONE cookie, that was left out unnatended with no instructions to stay away. How is anyone to know that THIS time we are not allowed to have a cookie?

Anyway, its difficult for me to be ok w her reaction because to me its not a big deal to her it is the end of the world.
Sure, the kids should ask. Which they are 99% good about, but once in a great while, that yemptation is too much. Who knows maybe the 3rd old did sneak while i was doing laundry. And what 3yr old has a huge enough will power not to get a cookie.

Maybe MIL miss counted idk. Ug. Ok vent over.
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh god lol mils are such a pain in the butt!

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 19, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh geez.. yeah I don't think its a huge deal. People are nuts. 

Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM
2 moms liked this

She probably ate it and forgot.

wreath

MSJAP2010
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, she sounds bat-shit crazy. It is one cookie, not a million dollars.
whoodathunk
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you live with her?  If so, I suggest getting your stuff together and moving out!  That's ridiculous.  I understand that the kids should ask, but two kids without dessert over one missing cookie is absurd.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

wow

mrsjksimmons
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

She's throwing a conniption fit over a cookie? She is that OCD about how many cookies there are? If you live with her, get out. She sounds nuts!

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

She didn't demand to smell their breath to catch the cookie thief?  What is the big deal over the cookies anyway?  Didn't she make them for the grandkids?

Shani527
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Thank you all. I was so upset i just had to vent. Obviously this is a small thing but this is how she reacts all the time.

Yes, we live with her and my FIL. My FIL got in a bad trucking accident and is back to working but his time out of work really hurt them finacially, she does not work, so we are helping out with knowing it is only until my husband finishes school. By then my FIL SHOULD be a ok. And its also helping us for now too.

And Im glad to know from others she is over reacting. Yes, she made them the cookies. So her reason was because they didnt ask, but then she flipped on my son because he "lied"

Im pretty sure now it was the 3yr because the others im sure were telling the truth. But asking my youngist if she took the cookie gets the same reaction as asking if she took an elephant. Lol
Alaskanelf
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I would take my kids and go make some cookies. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN