Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

relocating to Atlanta!! need advice!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:37 PM
  • 5 Replies

hello ladies! after many months of having knowledge this could happen, today my husband signed the contract that will be moving us for his work from Fort Smith, AR to Atlanta, GA. His work location is in Forrest Park but i have heard thats not the best location to live in. I have a 13 month old and am a stay at home mom so my daughter and i will be spending a lot of time alone. We are only going to be there for a year so we are looking at renting an apartment. i am searching the Stockbridge and Mcdonough areas and am wondering if there are any other places near Forrest Park that are safe and family friendly. if there are any places that have stores or parks and such that are in walking distance from the apartment that would be great seeing as we only have one vehicle and my husband will have it 90% of the time. Also, if there are any "mommy and me" groups that i could get involved with that yall know of id appreciate all of the info i can get!

by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Not from that area, but here is a website that I used for yrs and they even give you a $100 visa card just for going thru them. http://www.rent.com/

Mylittlelovely
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Not from that area, but here is a website that I used for yrs and they even give you a $100 visa card just for going thru them. http://www.rent.com/

thank you so much!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I can't help you.  But, I hope you find a good place to move to and all goes well with your move.

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 7:49 PM

McDonough and Stockbridge have some nice areas. I'm not familiar with the Forest Park area itself but I hope you all find what you need.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 22, 2013 at 8:18 PM
I don't know but hopefully someone does... here is a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN