Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

PIOG- please ladies I need ideas fast

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:25 PM
  • 16 Replies
Ok I posted in another group but I seriously need help so I'm posting here as well.

My FIL passed away right before thanksgiving after a short battle with cancer(diagnosed on 9/11/13) my smil is struggling of course and I'd love to find her the perfect gift to show how much we love her. She means alot to us. Problem is she has everything, every Christmas it's always been hard to get them a gift. Any ideas? Please help :-(
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheDrsRose
by New Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Steal their wedding picture and go have a throw blanket made with the picture on it.
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Does she like to get her hair and nails done? A day at a spa or beauty salon so she can get out of the house.

MamAshley4
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Plant a tree in her yard and decorate it w xmas lights.. It can be FILs tree..sorta like a memorial..we did this for my papa
jessica1078
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I love this idea because she is a sentimental fool just like me- but the house was fitted with an alarm after he passed and she's not really staying there, she's been at her kids' homes.I think it may be awkward to ask for the alarm code at the moment.

Quoting TheDrsRose: Steal their wedding picture and go have a throw blanket made with the picture on it.

jessica1078
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I think this will be a second part of her gift because she loves being outdoors and she still has plants we gave her 15 years ago lol, she's hoping to sell the house because its too big and holds too many memories for her so I think something potted may be better.

Quoting MamAshley4: Plant a tree in her yard and decorate it w xmas lights.. It can be FILs tree..sorta like a memorial..we did this for my papa

jessica1078
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you nailed it- Im going to find out where she goes and talk to the stylist, see if I can pay for her next visit ... She was "forced" to go the weekend after his services by her stylist who came to the house and made her get up and go to the salon. 

Quoting goddess99:

Does she like to get her hair and nails done? A day at a spa or beauty salon so she can get out of the house.

TheDrsRose
by New Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Ask one of her kids for it then and tell them why. :o

Quoting jessica1078:

I love this idea because she is a sentimental fool just like me- but the house was fitted with an alarm after he passed and she's not really staying there, she's been at her kids' homes.I think it may be awkward to ask for the alarm code at the moment.

Quoting TheDrsRose: Steal their wedding picture and go have a throw blanket made with the picture on it.

jessica1078
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Thanks-I'll try that..

Quoting TheDrsRose:

Ask one of her kids for it then and tell them why. :o

Quoting jessica1078:

celestegood
by Gold Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
No ideas, but I'm sorry for your loss and your families loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenniy
by Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Was any of his hair saved or was he cremated? There are necklaces that can be bought that will hold hair or ashes of loved ones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN