Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Getting tubes tied after birth

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm due with baby #4 on April 1. This is my last baby and I want to get my tubes tied after the baby is born. My dh would get a vasectomy, but he has no insurance, just me.

My question is, did you get it done while still in the hospital after birth, or did you have to wait? I'm, as far as I know now, not having a csection and don't believe I will need one either.

I am 150% sure I'm done having babies. I will be 38 next month and my body can't handle any more pregnancies. I've tried getting the Essure procedure done after my dd was born 2.5 years ago, but I have a tilted uterus and they couldn't find my tubes. I'm going to get them cut, burned, etc so no possible way for more babies.
CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Replies (11-17):
Junebaby18
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Quoting Johnhenrysgirl:

I'm having my baby in a week and going to have him vaginally (if everything continues to go well) and the next day after I have him she will tie them. The hospital allows that but use to allow on same day but they changed it (unless you have a csection) but it's still better than waiting weeks after because I want to heal once not twice.

Yes! That's exactly what I'm hoping to have done. One healing time and not two. Plus, I won't have as much help around the house if baby is older since both mom and mil will be there to help us.
Junebaby18
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Quoting poshkat: I had to wait until ds was 4, almost 5. I couldn't find a doctor that agreed to do it before i turned 30 or had another kid.

That's weird that you had to wait until age 30! I've read 21 some places, but mostly 25. I will definitely be over that since I will be 38 next month, and have had 4 kids.
Junebaby18
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Quoting Johnhenrysgirl:

Bring it up to your doctor so you know your hosptial rules. My hospital won't let it be done on weekends but thankfully mine will be done on the week day before I go home :-)

That's weird that they won't let it happen on a weekend. If you have complications, you will still be in the hospital so don't see what the difference would be. I will definitely ask when I go to my apt on the 30th.
daphneann
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Just make sure this is what you really want to do... I thought I was done after 2, and had mine done.... Now I have had to go through 2 different surgerys just to try to get them un~ done to get pregnate again... It is not fun to go through this at all.....

Junebaby18
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Quoting daphneann:

Just make sure this is what you really want to do... I thought I was done after 2, and had mine done.... Now I have had to go through 2 different surgerys just to try to get them un~ done to get pregnate again... It is not fun to go through this at all.....

Yep! I am EXTREMELY sure that I am done having kids. I'm getting too old and my health isn't that great anymore (overall is ok, just not during pregnancy). We also can't financially handle any more kids. I will be 38 next month and I want to look forward to grand kids not my own.
daphneann
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Then I would do this right away. Talk to your doctor about it and they should get it set up for you when you give birth. 

Quoting Junebaby18:
Quoting daphneann:

Yep! I am EXTREMELY sure that I am done having kids. I'm getting too old and my health isn't that great anymore (overall is ok, just not during pregnancy). We also can't financially handle any more kids. I will be 38 next month and I want to look forward to grand kids not my own.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Hugs...hope things will work out for you...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)