Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Tired of being stressed out. Poll added.

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:41 AM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Which would you do?

Options:

Home party business

Craft business

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

Here is my delima. I signed up with a home party company back in September and since then have had problems getting parties booked. I am barely getting enough orders to stay active. They have three catalogs a year that they release and you are offered add on kits with each catalog. Seems like I am spending more money that I am making. DH and I have been talking and he wants me to sell my own product. I like to do plastic canvas and he has been talking into selling my crafts. I told him that I am leaving it up to CM's to make the decision for me. Even if you comment pease vote. Thanks in advance.

by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 6:03 AM

I have not been the best with selling in the past but for me I think I would try craft items....Hope things will work out for you...

johnny4ever
Having a great birthday!
Today at 4:52 PM
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Craft defintely!

MichelleMc
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Craft for sure!! I am not into the home business of parties at all. I can't talk people into selling. I know people don't always have it and i know that the prices of things aren't always good priced. Your % isn't great, and then there is a minimum to keep it going. 

Craft, that is a better way to do it. You can get a table for one price, and crafts are usually better hits. You can make products ahead, and there is no sell so much in a couple months. You get to set your prices & move them around for what you need to.

You can save money on your supplies with coupons, etc. Good Luck.

charleyangel317
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Thank you Ladies. I will show this to DH and looks like I have made my decision.

lovegrandbaby
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I had the same trouble with home parties.  Never sold anything.  Also had trouble with another company selling items, even with an internet site, etc.  I think the only ones who really make the money are the ones who recruit others to sell.  I never had friends, and only work alone cleaning a few hrs. a day, so that didn't help either.  I would try selling my own crafts. Sometimes the malls have a co-op that you can get into to sell your items, or sometimes small businesses will let you place items there for sale.  I did that years ago - put items in convenience stores/gas stations, and other small businesses.  Good luck to you.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Give the craft business a try.

johnny4ever
Having a great birthday!
Today at 4:52 PM
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Good Luck!

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I say you are probably better with a craft as well. At least as long as there is a market for that sort of thing. :) 

mrsjksimmons
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Crafts. Because they are yours for one thing. Plus with things like FB, Etsy, & Pinterest, you have easy access to thousands of clientele.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)