Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Merry Christmas To All.....What Did You Ask Santa For?

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 2:13 AM
  • 6 Replies

Normally, people ask me what it is I want my SO or kids to get for Christmas. Last year there was just one thing I wanted and I knew could never get. Last year I wanted nothing more than my mom to feel the presence of my father with her. He will be gone eight years this spring and I know the holidays are hard for her. My kids had the things they wanted and asked for and the only thing I could think of wanting was for her.

This year, however, I can't think of one thing that I would want for myself or for someone else. I can't decide if this is a good thing or not. Mama has been dealing with the holidays much better this year and my kids are well taken care of this year. So there isn't anything I can think of that I would ask Santa for. I would love world peace, end hunger, and things such as this, but that's the same thing most if not every one wants. But an actual, personal thing? Yup, coming up blank.

I do hope that this means that all is well with myself, my children, and my loved ones and that's why I can't come up with something. I hope this doesn't mean that I have become bitter or selfish over the hardships myself and my family has had to endure this past year. And I truly hope that this is also a sign that 2014 is going to be a much better, less stressful, wonderful year. We have faced a good deal of loss and sorrow in 2013 and we could all use a break. Is this peace I feel a sign of a better future to come? I sure hope so!

May you all enjoy your holiday season, may Santa be good to all of you, and may your new year be prosperous!

Awesome Mamafamily car

by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Merry Christmas!!!!

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I asked for a Robe

Sam33181
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I asked for gift cards to some of my favorite clothing stores because I need shirts. I always put my hubby and kids first I am lacking in the clothing dept. Last year I got pants with my gift cards so I am good there.  I always ask for a gift card because if I get money I will use it on bills or my hubby or kids, if I get cloths they never look right. 

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 25, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I asked for a Foot Massager and I got it.

MSJAP2010
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I asked for clothes. My MIL got me a few shirts but they are not my style. I will exchange them for something I like
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I just asked for gift cards and that's what I got.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)