Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Babies awful first Christmas!!!

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm pissed, upset, exhausted, and just plain frusterated.

I just gave birth to triplets 5 weeks ago. I also have 4 and 2 year old girls. I was so excited that all the babies were home for Christmas. I planned to host a laid back Christmas Eve party and then hang out in my pjs all day on Christmas.

I was so exhausted from the party I almost forgot to put the gifts under the tree. My oldest was upset that Santa forgot to leave a letter like he usually does (turns out, I had it written but I completely forgot to leave it out). The babies were fussy the entire time that the girls were opening their gifts. I could barely sit down for Christmas breakfast before I had to get up to feed the babies. I feel like I didn't get enough photos of the babies first Christmas. Probably most importantly, we didn't even go to mass this year. 

I feel like the girls didn't experience the "magic" of Christmas! There's not enough of me to go around. 

Mommies, advice? 

by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Yes. Do not be so hard on yourself. Contrary to popular belief, mothers are not perfect. Days do not go as planned and THAT 'S OKAY!

I'm sorry it was so rough. I can't imagine the lack of sleep and " zombie like" state you've been in! Just try to realize that imperfection is not a mortal sin , and you probably have tons more pics than you realize.

Wishing you so sleep!
kathymomof2
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

first of all, wow, 5 young children - you must be really tired..... having 3 newborns plus 2 others, i think you should give yourself credit for doing what you were able to do.   don't beat yourself up - maybe next year you can go to mass and take more pictures.   i only had 2 children, so i admire mothers who have many little ones at once.  hang in there

amberNewman0213
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:06 AM

i promise in 10 years you will laugh about the horriable first christmas. my daughter had colic and was extra colicy on christmas eve and day. we have not one photo of her even acting content. we laugh about it now and she is 3 and we used one of her screaming photos as a gag gift in a photo frame that said precious baby girl on it for dirty santa this year. everyone got a good kick out of it. 

celestegood
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:56 AM
You do your best. Nobody can expect more of you. Take it one hour, minute-at a time! Hugs, it gets better :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:08 AM

You did the best you could. The babies won't know the difference. Your oldest will soon forget about the letter from Santa. I know its hard to not worry about things being perfect. But sometimes we just have to let things slide for our own sanity. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Don't beat yourself up, you did your best and that's ok =)

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Quoting goddess99:

Don't beat yourself up, you did your best and that's ok =)

JTE11
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:49 AM

All I can say is relax, do what you can do and let the rest go. Caring for triplets is nothing to sneeze at, plus two other little ones on top of that. You had the Christmas you could, and next year it will be different. They can't all be what you envision in your head. Your kids still had Christmas. :)

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Hugs...just give yourself time to adjust with your new family additions:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN