Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I need help

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 21 Replies
I feel like I have lost myself. I don't feel like I am a good person and I am now pretty short tempered which I never was before. I feel bitter. I know things have to change but I don't know how or where to start.
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suetoo
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Make a list of 10 things you feel bad and lost about. Then narrow it down to 3. Write a plan about 3 things you can change/fix. Go from there, one fix at a time. God luck and God bless.

Halobetasol
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:04 AM

okay so are you short tempered with your kids? do you use drugs? has something terrible happened to you? sounds like maybe medication would be good for you???? or, you could just pray about it, meditate,yoga, run, workout to release whats building inside.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

This is really great advice! 

Quoting suetoo:

Make a list of 10 things you feel bad and lost about. Then narrow it down to 3. Write a plan about 3 things you can change/fix. Go from there, one fix at a time. God luck and God bless.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Have you tried taking some time for YOU? I know that always seems to make things flow easier on life. We spend so much time on others and leave little time for ourselves. It leads to so much stress and frustration. 

Kellyjude1
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM

If you want to change you need to do so from within your heart.  Not sure if you are spiritual but reading some positive spiritual inspirations each morning can help to bring peace and positivity into your heart.  Try not to be so hard on yourself.  Has something in your life caused this bitterness and feeling of being lost? If so sometimes dealing with those issues need to be addressed before you can just move on.  Do you have more stress then usual  this may be your reason for being so short tempered?  You can find ways to try and relax in order to bring less stress or at least to deal with the stress better. Sometimes taking a walk helps with stress, finding sometime for yourself may help, reading, and listening to music.  Think about the positives in your life instead of the negatives.  Count your blessings sometimes realizing the blessings will help to take away the negativity.  If after some time you still feel like you need help then seek professional help.  Feeling better about yourself is most important.  The good thing is you realize that you need to change and that you want to so hopefully things will get better for you.  Hang in there...

Drea_84
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Thank you.. I love this.. A great idea!

Quoting suetoo:

Drea_84
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Not with my kids.. Mostly husband.. I do not use drugs, never have and never will.. I dont even drink..  The only terrible thing was when I was 10.. My husband and I have had a rough few years but nothing to make me this bitter.. Thank you for the ideas..

Quoting Halobetasol:

okay so are you short tempered with your kids? do you use drugs? has something terrible happened to you? sounds like maybe medication would be good for you???? or, you could just pray about it, meditate,yoga, run, workout to release whats building inside.

Drea_84
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I take a bubble bath every other night, candels surrounding me and listen to soft music. But that is it..

Quoting splatz:

Have you tried taking some time for YOU? I know that always seems to make things flow easier on life. We spend so much time on others and leave little time for ourselves. It leads to so much stress and frustration. 

Drea_84
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I would not say I am overly religious, I beleive but refuse to go to church after a bad experience (which is the only thing I can really see in my life that should have me being bitter).. Can you steer me in the direction of some good spiritual inspirations?

My husband and I are a hot mess.. We have been steadily declining for a few years. I have asked him to do the love dare with me and he wont. He wont go to counseling. He just likes to pretend things are ok. We dont treat each other well and go months without touching or any intimacy. 

I do think about positives generally I have a notebook i keep and the 1st page is everything I am thankful for. But when my husband and I start going i forget it all :(

Thank you for all your ideas :)

Quoting Kellyjude1:

If you want to change you need to do so from within your heart.  Not sure if you are spiritual but reading some positive spiritual inspirations each morning can help to bring peace and positivity into your heart.  Try not to be so hard on yourself.  Has something in your life caused this bitterness and feeling of being lost? If so sometimes dealing with those issues need to be addressed before you can just move on.  Do you have more stress then usual  this may be your reason for being so short tempered?  You can find ways to try and relax in order to bring less stress or at least to deal with the stress better. Sometimes taking a walk helps with stress, finding sometime for yourself may help, reading, and listening to music.  Think about the positives in your life instead of the negatives.  Count your blessings sometimes realizing the blessings will help to take away the negativity.  If after some time you still feel like you need help then seek professional help.  Feeling better about yourself is most important.  The good thing is you realize that you need to change and that you want to so hopefully things will get better for you.  Hang in there...

Kellyjude1
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:06 PM

The internet has some good inspirational uplifts just google spiritual uplifts and you should be able to find some.  I am sure another place to find spiritual uplifts is a book store.  Sometimes just reading some of these in the morning or anytime of the day may help you feel better within yourself.  I am sorry about you and your husband it seems you are trying to keep things better but if he is refusing counseling there is only so much you can do.  It takes 2 to make this all work and please try not to blame yourself if he is not willing to be a part of trying to help things be better.  Open communication is key and if he pretends everything is okay when clearly you not feeling this way its going to be hard to work together.  You need to share and express your feelings with him and he needs to listen and understand as your feelings should be most important to him.  I do hope things get better.  Hopefully he will have a change of heart and will want to work with you instead of pretending everything is okay.  I think most important is to first find your inner peace and strength once you feel better about you then work on the rest.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)