Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
My one month old has been having a really bad reaction on her face and I think its the baby wipes. But can baby wipes cause a reaction on her face and not her butt?
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Replies (11-18):
Sammi20
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Yes! My DD broke out every time I wiped her face with wipes. just use water and a rag if you can. If your she has a reaction some A&D cream will help clear it up. If she is having the same reaction on her botton buy a different kind of wipes that a scent free like the blue up&up brand at Target I always loved those ones

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:24 PM

What about using cloth wipes for her face? Or even just a baby washcloth. 

emommy24811
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Yeah it could be the wipes you're using. That's why they make regular and sensitive wipes. Try using a different type, or brand and see how baby reacts.

brittanynl
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Well it turns out no more baby wipes. She has very sensitive skin. Have to use special laundry detergent. And lotion.
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:45 PM

I am not sure but I would stop using them on her face and see if that makes a difference!

brittanynl
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Ya when we stopped using baby wipes there was a huge difference. And we talked to the doctor.
Sissi30
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:55 PM
I would first just stop using them on her face. If the reaction goes away then you know it was the wipes and no need for a dr trip. If it dont go away take her to her family dr
celestegood
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:42 AM
Hope she feels better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)