Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BREASTFEEDING But trying to loose weight

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hey ... Im currently nursing but really want to shed some prego pounds and tone up ... unfortunately I don't have a car and cant get out to the gym ... I was thinking about supplementing protein shakes for two meals a day but need to see if that okay for baby ... any tips or advise ... would love some feed back
thanks
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Junebaby18
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
As long as you're consuming a minimum of 1800 calories (1300 for you and 500 to make milk) per day, you will lose weight. Cut out all white foods (white bread/pastas, crackers, rice) and stop eating junk foods (empty calories). I wouldn't replace the shakes for the meals, but use them as a snack instead.
daphneann
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:21 AM

You better talk to your doctor about this...

Junebaby18
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Quoting daphneann:

Most drs know nothing about bf or anything about nutrition. The best thing would be to find a nutritionist who specializes in breastfeeding so they are knowledgeable about what extra steps to take to keep up the milk supply while still losing weight.
daphneann
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:34 AM

After I had my kids, my doctor was really great with me when I wanted to get the pounds off and I was breastfeeding at the time also. She helped me with some ideas and on what I would have to do that would be the best for me and for the baby at the time. I know not all doctors are the same, but they shoud have some sort of idea on things that would be the best for you and the baby while you are loosing the weight.

Quoting Junebaby18:
Quoting daphneann:

Most drs know nothing about bf or anything about nutrition. The best thing would be to find a nutritionist who specializes in breastfeeding so they are knowledgeable about what extra steps to take to keep up the milk supply while still losing weight.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:47 AM

If you have BF counselors available, I would check with them first...this option was available to me after I had my babies and they were always able to help me regarding meds, etc. or check with your drs.

jupiter5
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:16 AM
I lost the last 20 lbs using my fitness pal and running about a mile a day. It was easy I didn't give up any foods just are less of them. As tracked it all. It's amazing how easy it is! And semi addicting
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)