Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Santa left coal in my neighbor's daughter's stocking?!?!

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:03 PM
  • 7 Replies

My neighbors are raising a six year old brat, I admit it. But half the problem is them. Not only do they not discipline her, but they even laugh and encourage her behavior. 

The year she woke up Christmas morning to find no presents under the tree. Instead, in her stocking was a letter from Santa. She didn't get any presents because she was bad this year. So she sat there, on Christmas morning and watched her brother open his gifts.

Instead of being parents and finding a way to discipline their child effectively, they took the heat off themselves and made Santa the bad guy. IMO this is horrible parenting. Not only is it traumatizing for a child, it will never work.

Oppinions mommas? Would you ever think of this?

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Halobetasol
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:07 PM

not enough info to comment. id have to personally meet the child and the parents to see for myself. its hard to sat but, defienently sad.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Well maybe they had been telling her right along if she doesn't behave Santa won't bring anything. If that's the case at least they followed through. But as the pp said there's not alot of info here so Idk. It's not something I would do.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Interesting....my DH is a Ass some times so I could see him doing it.

Scarpetta71
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Well I couldn't have done it! I appear to be the only one among many that don't agree with the jimmy Kinney stunts either tho .. My sil again this year did a present prank, I think they are cruel. 

Im a softie at heart tho and think that christmas is for everyone  .... Especially children, it's a clean start day .. 

poshkat
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Are you absolutly sure they haven't tried? How well do you know these people?

Either way that's a messed up thing to do.
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Like the other ladies said.. hard to tell unless you really know the situation. Its sad either way though.. 

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:00 AM

wow...don't know how to say on this one...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)