Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Christmas Wrap, Bows, Boxes, etc.

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:21 AM
  • 12 Replies

Do you recycle wrapping items for another time if they are still in good shape or toss everything???

by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:22 AM

I recycle if I can...I've still got a bunch of ribbon and tissue paper that I can use again and gift tags:)

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes wrapping I do!Plus we get a few Bags that are adorable.I recycle Xmas Cards at local Library.I scrapbook some also.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:25 AM

That's good.....those gift bags can come in handy:)

Quoting johnny4ever:

Yes wrapping I do!Plus we get a few Bags that are adorable.I recycle Xmas Cards at local Library.I scrapbook some also.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I guess I recycle as in I put it out for recycling, I don't technically throw it away. But I don't reuse.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 27, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I usually just toss.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I recycle boxes and bags if they are salvageable. 

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:23 PM

This year I mostly just tossed awkward things into the tons of boxes we got from Amazon. Not pretty but it worked lol

WesternNYmom
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I only recycle the gift bags and boxes.  The paper, bows and gift tags never make it. My kids tear them to shreds. I also have plenty of wrapping paper for next year. Dh bought me 3 huge rolls of Christmas Gift Wrap at BJs last year, and i still have alot left. Those huge 450 sq ft rolls usually last me 2 or 3 years, before I need to purchase more.  I also keep all the Christmas cards we recive. They come in handy when we run out of gift tags and I need to make them in order to lable gifts.  They also can be made into cute ornaments,and even picture frames.

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:45 AM
The wrapping paper is usually destroyed from the way we open gifts so I toss it. I re-use gift bags and bows
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM

That's a great idea for the cards....did not know that:)

Quoting WesternNYmom:

I only recycle the gift bags and boxes.  The paper, bows and gift tags never make it. My kids tear them to shreds. I also have plenty of wrapping paper for next year. Dh bought me 3 huge rolls of Christmas Gift Wrap at BJs last year, and i still have alot left. Those huge 450 sq ft rolls usually last me 2 or 3 years, before I need to purchase more.  I also keep all the Christmas cards we recive. They come in handy when we run out of gift tags and I need to make them in order to lable gifts.  They also can be made into cute ornaments,and even picture frames.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)