Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

UPS/Fed Ex Late Delivery

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:31 AM
  • 24 Replies

Why would you wait until the last few days to order and think it is gonna get their in time.Sorry ladies but I don't see what the big issue is here.You should of ordered weeks ago so this wouldn't happen.Plus Mother Nature can show up at anytime like the Ice Storm that happened.What do you ladies think?

by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoehlerBear1983
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this
i ordered something on the 19th with amazon prime which has guaranteed two day shipping but i wouldnt have been upset if it didnt show up in time. fedex and ups had so many packages to deliver its impossible to do it all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes you don't know what will come up with the weather, etc....I think ordering earlier on would help.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I do agree, I never wait for the last minute. My dd and I ordered a couple things in October and they still aren't here =/

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:53 AM

My son ordered our gifts on December 4th with UPS as the carrier. Accorinding to the tracking number, the packages are still sitting at the DFW warehouse. In the instance where gifts were ordered 3 weeks in advance and money was paid to the carrier to expediate shipping, then I think they should have had a better system in place.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Yes there should!

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

My son ordered our gifts on December 4th with UPS as the carrier. Accorinding to the tracking number, the packages are still sitting at the DFW warehouse. In the instance where gifts were ordered 3 weeks in advance and money was paid to the carrier to expediate shipping, then I think they should have had a better system in place.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

October, that's way too long!

Quoting goddess99:

I do agree, I never wait for the last minute. My dd and I ordered a couple things in October and they still aren't here =/

MichelleMc
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I have never had an issue with UPS, just Fed ex not finding our address because they are too stupid to go by our zip code which would tell them they were on the wrong "side" of this road we live on. They go on the Ohio Side and we are more into PA. UPS never has that issue. 

I have more issues when they have to throw the USPS a bone & switch it over. Barnes & Noble does this & I HATE IT WITH A PASSION. Then I have issues almost every time. It is always later than they say. 

Some issues with where it was weeks. I get. But also there were some storms that depending on where the warehouse was, trucks were stopped for at least a week. My husbands work, truck drivers were telling him that out in the midwest, trucks weren't moving for over a week. So one item I ordered it took an extra week & a half to get. 

Mrseoc
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM

this is exactly whta i said when i saw it on the news... people are saying "UPS ruined Christmas for my little Johnny" .... no parents... that's your fault. Why would you think you could place an order online after December 17th and get it ontime for Christmas...... WHY would you do that with ALL of the gifts you got for your kids. *shakes head*

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I never count on last minute packages to make it in time for Christmas. If it does, great.. but if not oh well! 

jb0520
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 2:31 PM
I mailed a package UPS on 12/10 it got there 12/26. Would you say I was last minute?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)