Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Where did you meet your husband?

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this

ttcMy husband works as a Senior Network Engineer and he got a call from a headhunter w/ an offer he couldn't refuse to come to pennsylvania (my area), he was put up in a motel until he could find a permanent home. Well, I happened to be married to my 1st husband at the time, in a Very unhappy relationship, and having to work for a living I worked as a housekeeper in the motel Mike was staying at, and it happened to be I was his housekeeper. We met, talked endlessly, exchanged information. Told him I was married. Called a divorce attorney directly, divorced my then husband, got out of that marriage forever :D :D !! And Married Michael shortly later. He is such a gentleman. Opens car doors for you, holds open your chair at resturaunts, tells the waitress for you what you'd like, I've not pumped gas in 2 yrs lol totally Love this man. I want to know how everyone met their other halves too!!

by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saphiraka
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:02 PM
2 moms liked this

I met mine playing World of Warcraft  =)

Roo1234
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Online...local chat board back in 1994
MomtoAlexis05
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:05 PM

My Best Friends ex was really into this and I think so was she , is it really addicting right? That is so cool you met that way though!!

Quoting saphiraka:

I met mine playing World of Warcraft  =)

MomtoAlexis05
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Wow that is cool too I know of a number of online relationships that have made it thru the yrs!! :D

Quoting Roo1234: Online...local chat board back in 1994

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:07 PM

We met online.

amberNewman0213
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

i met mine at a bon fire party, he was the one doing the keg stand. long story short he got sick and i took him home and took care of him. the next morning i cooked him a breakfeast to get some food in his system. been together ever since.

MomtoAlexis05
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:13 PM

aww, that is cute, you seem like a really caring person. I bet you are still that way w/ him :D

Quoting amberNewman0213:

i met mine at a bon fire party, he was the one doing the keg stand. long story short he got sick and i took him home and took care of him. the next morning i cooked him a breakfeast to get some food in his system. been together ever since.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:17 PM

We met through a local yahoo chat. He was a big dork and had me laughing from the moment we started talking. Almost 5 years later and he still keeps me laughing. :) 

amberNewman0213
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

oh for sure. he is a lot calmer now lol so no more hangover breakfeast. i was out haveing a moms day off for my birthday and was worried he would try and drive off to go home so i just told him to stay with me since DD was at grandmas.

Quoting MomtoAlexis05:

aww, that is cute, you seem like a really caring person. I bet you are still that way w/ him :D

Quoting amberNewman0213:

Linda733
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I met my husband in work. We both worked in the same dept and became good friends for 12 yrs. he was and since has been my very best friend. We were both in unhappy relationships and talked all the time. We were in love but neither of us ever let on until we were both finally separated from our SO. He then asked me if I was ready to take a leap of faith because he's loved me for so long. I jumped in head and heart first because I too had been secretly in love with him for years. We have now been very happily married for 4 yrs now and have a 2 yr old little boy. I truly believe we are meant for each other and the fact that we were friends for so long before makes our bond that much stronger because we have no secrets and fell in love with the people we truly are :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN