Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How do YOU stay organized? Tips?!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:37 AM
  • 12 Replies

I thought this would be a good post for moms to exchange organizational tips! Here is what I do:

I have 6 weeks old triplets and 4 and 2 year old girls, so my life is basically scheduled hour-by-hour. Naps, meals, etc, it's all on there. We have lots of different people working with our family and I find it's the best way for everyone to stay on the same page and to make sure nobody forgets who is doing what and when. For example, it says who is picking up the girls  from school that day (sometimes the nannies, sometimes me), who will prepare meals and when, etc.

Every Sunday I pick out an outfit for each day of the week for my oldest two.  I find that it is much easier to grab an outfit off the hanger than to pick something out, worry if it's wrinkely, etc. 

Each Sunday I also plan dinners for the week, as well as have a general idea of breakfast, lunch, and snacks. I have dinners made and frozen or the recipies set out so myself or a helper can prepare it quickly.

Right now I have changing stations throughout the entire house (living room, basement, and each child's bedroom). Each night the older girls help me go around and re-fill the diapers and wipes.

We keep diaper bags in the laundry room (not that we've ever ventured out with the babies yet, but I've done this in the past too). That way when you're folding laundry you can throw in onesies, socks, mittens, hats, and recieving blankets.

Anyone else?!

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:02 AM

I am very ocd.Everything is organized and easy to find.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not organized at all. It's an area I need help in.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Something I need to work on....I like the changing station idea.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I meal plan but I just have one 11 year old so my life isn't too hectic. When she was younger I did set out outfits for the day.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I have no kids at home anymore so most things are organized.

Kageegirl
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Sunday is laundry day in my house. All laundry is washed, dried, folded and put away. Each night at bed I set out an outfit for each of my 3 boys for the next day. If my older two have school the next day I make their lunches along with dh's the night before and set them in the fridge. To keep track of everyone's schedule I have a family calendar hanging on the wall next to the fridge. I write in my oldest son karate class, middle sons piano lesson and youngests playdate. I write doctor appointments, school meetings and therapy appointments on there. Dh writes on there when he's working late and I write on there any events we may have planned. I write out meal plans for the week on sundays as well. I have a daily chore chart so the house stays clean. Just some of the things I do.
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I'm normally super organized. But the end of this pregnancy is kicking my butt. I need to get on the ball. 

Pink.Frosting
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:37 PM

This is something I need help and tips on.  But one thing I have done that has helped calm the laundry beast considerably is on Saturdays I gather all the laundry that didn't quite "fit" into regular loads during the week.  Say an item or two that needs to be washed alone on the gentle cycle or a couple of random blankets or throws ~ whatever.  I get all those random pieces done on Saturday so they don't just keep hanging around waiting for the washer to have a "free"moment to take care of them.  Then during the week all I have to think about is the normal weekly laundry.

MommeisQueen
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Oh wow. You sound uber organized. Girl, get those babies and get out of that house. Six months?

MilfordMomma
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this

6 weeks not months! God, I don't know what I would do if I was in this house for 6 months LOL. It's been 6 weeks and I'm going crazy.

Quoting MommeisQueen:

Oh wow. You sound uber organized. Girl, get those babies and get out of that house. Six months?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)