Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Are YOU Spending the Last Day of 2013? Come Tell Us!

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 8:54 AM
  • 46 Replies

How are you spending the last day of 2013?

by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:05 AM

My dh is only supposed to work a half day so hopefully he'll be home in 3 hours. We're staying in, dd and I are going to watch the ball drop. She's my 1st kiss every new year. We are ordering pizzas for dinner. Nothing too exciting I guess but this is what we do every year.

kjsaes
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Nothing that I'm aware of. Laundry is all I have planned.
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

We are going to have a similar type of day/night. I am taking down all the rest of the decorations today. Then Im am going to prep all the finger food/appetizers for tonight. Later my oldest son and his girlfriend are going to come over to watch movies. We will just have family time, watch movies, eat, pop the champagne and then pop the fireworks at New Year.

Quoting goddess99:

My dh is only supposed to work a half day so hopefully he'll be home in 3 hours. We're staying in, dd and I are going to watch the ball drop. She's my 1st kiss every new year. We are ordering pizzas for dinner. Nothing too exciting I guess but this is what we do every year.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Ahhh!!! Although we are not having an official Coffee Break chat today, it would not be Tuesday without someone having to do laundry...lol

I have to admit, I do have linens tumbling in the dryer right now. Never ending laundry.

Quoting kjsaes: Nothing that I'm aware of. Laundry is all I have planned.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Your plans sound fun. Our town is doing fireworks for the 1st time tonight but we're at -10 with a -25 wind chill. I can't imagine anyone will bother going.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

We are going to have a similar type of day/night. I am taking down all the rest of the decorations today. Then Im am going to prep all the finger food/appetizers for tonight. Later my oldest son and his girlfriend are going to come over to watch movies. We will just have family time, watch movies, eat, pop the champagne and then pop the fireworks at New Year.

Quoting goddess99:

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I really should just say, we will pop a few black cats and have sparklers for my son. My next door neighbor has a huge NYE party every year and they put on a pretty big fireworks display, so while we are doing our few little fireworks, we are mostly watching their 'show'...lol

Negative 10 BRRRRR....I wouldn't leave the house until spring if I lived where you do...lol

Quoting goddess99:

Your plans sound fun. Our town is doing fireworks for the 1st time tonight but we're at -10 with a -25 wind chill. I can't imagine anyone will bother going.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting goddess99:

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:26 AM

That sounds fun, I never got to experience NYE like that, with fireworks and all. It's just too cold here. Every year we end up with a frozen person who tried to make it home on foot from the bar.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I really should just say, we will pop a few black cats and have sparklers for my son. My next door neighbor has a huge NYE party every year and they put on a pretty big fireworks display, so while we are doing our few little fireworks, we are mostly watching their 'show'...lol

Negative 10 BRRRRR....I wouldn't leave the house until spring if I lived where you do...lol

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting goddess99:

mrsjksimmons
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:55 AM

At home. Going to get our favorite take out for dinner.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Staying home.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:43 AM

well I had to come to the office 9am to 12pm (which is totally useless) then I go home and spend the last day of 2013 with the 2 most important people in my life ;  my husband and daughter, we'll do a big dinner with all the trimmings followed by some board games, maybe a movie ... then go to bed !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)