Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

He needs to get his act together

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 13 Replies

We have been trying to get ourselves out of being poor for a while now. I now have a really good job and he has a pretty good job. He can't stand his job because his dept is a mess though. We worked part time each for a long time to try to go to school and get ourselves out. Now that we both have FT jobs, he is making noise about going back to working PT and how we'll be "okay". Yeah if 125 a month as a buffer and to try to save with is "okay". I'm not going back to that shit.

He either gets his shit together or I'm done. He is 30 years old and this is fucking ridiculous. He has job hopped almost our entire relationship. It was fine when we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off because we got pregnant and didn't what the hell we were doing. But I'm sorry. I can't take it anymore. I want a stable relationship and a stable home. I want a husband who acts like a fucking adult. I know his mom & stepdad never held down jobs and when they did work, it wasn't full-time. But that's no excuse.

We all have issues at our jobs. But you suck it up and take care of your family. I'm going to be having this discussion with him when he gets home. He has an interview next week for a job that's FT and pays decent. I hope he gets it because I can't take this crap anymore.

by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Good luck with everything. Hope he lands the job!

MumsTheWord571
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Good luck!
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Oh my goodness.I would be irate also!

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be so mad too. It is time for him to grow up, be an adult and take care of his family. Why would he want to constantly struggle to get by when he is able to make more money working full time. Makes no sense. I hope everything works out for you.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I hope the job works out for him.

baw8756
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 8:56 AM

You have every reason to feel the way you do. Have you expressed all this to him though and if se what is his response? Hopefully he can land a good job and hold onto it. Good luck :)

jamaicanmom89
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Good luck. My bf and i were there once and i push and push till we have our own house, he finally has a full time job and i am workin on my own business. Jus dont give up
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 1, 2014 at 2:33 PM

I hope things work out. 

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 1, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Good luck!!!

baquick
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 4:50 PM
That's why I left my ex fiancé. No stability. At all.

Good luck honey.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)